The Social Worker assesses mental and emotional functioning of residents and administers services for necessary treatment. She/he provides clinical supervision to the Case Managers, through case analysis, service planning and supervisory process. Provides direct treatment services and issues referrals on an as needed basis.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS, EDUCATION & ESSENTIAL SKILLS
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Social Work Supervisor.
- Assess and evaluate existing, new and prospective clients/families referred by NYC Department of Homeless Services.
- Develops individual living plans (ILPs) for families including all adults and children in the family composition and provides therapeutic support as needed.
- Responsible for the clinical supervision of Case Managers.
- Conducts clinical case conferences with clients in collaboration with internal staff and external providers for compliance with individual living plan goals and to address unmet needs.
- Participates in clinical caseload conferences and staff meetings.
- Responsible for crisis intervention including on-call via agency phone as needed.
- Coordinates mental health referrals
- Attend trainings and consortium meetings, e.g. with DHS and others to discuss issues pertaining to service delivery.
- Evaluates mental health status for residents on admission by completing comprehensive evaluation (CFEs)
- Coordinates mental health/psychiatric care and referral.
- Develop a resource of network social services providers.
- Develops and facilitates group meetings.
- Monitors resident records for compliance and best practices.
- Functions independently in times of facility coverage including responsibility for appropriate action in crisis situation per agency procedures.
- Regularly assess the safety and well-being of all clients
- Participate in weekly individual and group supervision with Social Work Supervisor.
- Participate in training seminars conducted to enhance and develop clinical skills.
- Function independently in time of facility coverage, including responsibility for appropriate action in crisis situation per agency procedure.
- Assist with reports and program evaluation.
- Reviews progress notes and service plans.
- Monitors client compliance
- Develops strategies for engaging individuals with trauma histories.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND EXPERIENCE
- LMSW or LMHC
- MSW Masters Degree in Social Work from an accredited university.
- Three years of experience, working with the homeless population.
- Demonstrated sensitivity and experience with and/or knowledge of homeless families including individuals whom identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and/or HIV-affected, the elderly and individuals with substance abuse and/or mental health issues.
- Familiarity with DHS regulations and DHS Cares Reporting
- Clinical experience to include the ability to make psychosocial assessments and develop and implement individual living plans.
- Employee must be computer-literate and must have knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Bilingual a plus but not required
- Excellent written and verbal skills are required
- Work in collaboration with other departments, agencies, systems and institutions to maximize scarce resources.
- Ensure Quality Assurance and Best Practices in service delivery.
- Ability to work a varied schedule.