CNM - Director of Operations
- Posted: over a month ago
Director of Operations
The Center for Nonprofit Management (CNM) is a membership-based organization, providing programs, services, and other benefits to nonprofit organizations in Middle Tennessee. As a 35-year-old organization serving over 800 members annually, CNM seeks to provide high quality services directly to members and to elevate the sector to the broader community. With a staff of 12 and a team of contractors we strive to be a fantastic place to work while providing great services.
In addition to providing exceptional programs and services, CNM makes it a priority to communicate our brand value with energy and clarity. Developing existing and new relationships, and strengthening cross-sector connections between nonprofit leaders, funders, and other civic stakeholders, is important to our organization.
We believe that doing all the above with passion, integrity, and a commitment to excellence will increase our members’ experience and eventually lead to growth. Our mission, to amplify the impact of nonprofits and their partners, promotes a collaborative and supported community prepared to address our shared and pressing social agendas.
The Director of Operations will support core operational functions and the full utilization of systems and tools to create effective and efficient operations. This position guides human resources, facilities operations, IT and internal systems implementation. Central to this position will be leadership and management of the member database, Civi CRM, including working with CNM’s database development vendor for bug fixes, continual improvement, new features, and training CNM staff on usage. This position reports to the Chief Finance and Administrative Officer of CNM.
The daily work of the Director is to:
- Oversee Human Resources Supports
- Work with Insperity, our contracted PEO, to ensure routine implementation of effective HR procedures.
- Work with Executive Leadership to ensure effective coaching, management and supervision, and performance evaluation practices are in place.
- Oversee Facilities Operations
- Work with designated staff to ensure basic office systems and routines are functioning efficiently and that we are in compliance with all safety guidelines.
- Oversee Information Technology (IT) Services and Supports
- Provide strategic leadership in partnership with CNM IT contractor to ensure the ongoing planning for and implementation of IT infrastructure improvements.
- Oversee support infrastructure for staff in the use of IT services
- Guide training and implementation of IT services and systems, including staff behavior and training aligned with CNM policies.
- Oversee CNM Member Database (Civi CRM)
- Work with CNM’s vendor for database development to report and manage bug fixes, system enhancements and improvements, as well as coordinating training for CNM staff.
- Manage database improvement budget
- Curate staff and member requests and feedback for database and accompanying processes
- Coordinate with Senior Manager of Marketing and Communications on front-end database improvements that require website enhancements
- Set standard for data entry for all staff working in the database, including coordinating ongoing continual data clean-up
- Work with appropriate CNM departments to ensure Civi CRM functions with other CNM systems and supporting infrastructure of organization
- Work with leadership to further department’s growth plan, regularly report out on quantifiable goals and progress
- Other member database tasks as needed
- Participates as a full member of the CNM team, adhering to and exemplifying our core values.
- Attends all CNM events as assigned.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required or master’s degree (preferred) in a related field.
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience working in nonprofit organizations with at least 3 years directing a key operations function.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
The most competitive candidates will demonstrate:
- Knowledge of nonprofit business models, including what a quality nonprofit membership organization delivers (best practices), nonprofit recruitment strategies and engagement strategies, and growth strategy models
- Knowledge of how to operate a database management system, and understand the CNM business infrastructure, programs, and services
- Solid understanding of nonprofit industry
- Knowledge of HR practices and functions
- Knowledge of IT services and supports
- Excellent project management and budgetary skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills including ability to interact with CNM nonprofit agency members as well as comfort around higher management
- Excellent supervision and contractor management skills
- Ability to work with staff to build system improvements and support their implementation of systems.
- Ability to design and lead project plans for system improvement and implementation.
- Excellent problem solver, process management, team approach, and solutions focused
- Problem-solving, process management, team approach, communication (written and oral), customer focused, negotiation, and solutions focused
Working at CNM
The salary range is $65,000-$70,000 and will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. The FLSA status is full time and exempt. Additionally, CNM offers a competitive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, disability insurance and retirement planning options.
To apply for the position, please submit a resume and cover letter expanding on your interest and qualifications to email@example.com. Phone calls will not be accepted. Priority will be given to submissions received by March 4, 2022.
Powered by JazzHR
Urban League of Middle Tennessee
BusinessView all jobs at Urban League of Middle Tennessee