Position Summary: The Supervisor - Dog Wrangler will work within a team setting to oversee the health, well-being, and general care of the pets at a dog daycare facility
Essential and Primary Duties/Responsibilities Include:
- Perform and ensure daily feeding, cleaning, medicating and enrichment of the pet population are done in accordance to time frames and protocols.
- Monitor pet eating habits, behavior, and medical habits/issues and ensure documentation is given to the Manager.
- Maintain accurate, organized, up-to-date records for all the pets in the building.
- Ensure client files are up-to-date including accurate kennel cards, vaccinations, behavior notes and payment information.
- Work positively with the co-workers to promote services to potential clients.
- Perform inventory of all pet supplies, medical supplies, dry storage and cleaning supplies and report to Manager when supplies are low.
- Report all maintenance/repair issues to the Manager.
- Work closely with and supervise co-workers.
- Communicate clearly to staff and co-workers.
- Be attentive to others' needs and willingly assist as required.
- Assist other co-workers with their work as needed.
- Identify & report improvement to cleaning procedures and care taking responsibilities to Manager.
- Attend staff meetings and training as required.
- Other duties and special projects assigned by the Manager as needed.
Fulfill client service and administrative duties including, but not limited to: answering the phone and basic questions from the public, appropriately directing calls to other co-workers when relevant, checking voice mail messages, ensuring call-backs and information is delivered to appropriate staff, and responding to general email inquiries as necessary, and checking in/out of client's dogs.
Required skills and experience:
- Previous experience handling dogs in a kennel and group play environment strongly preferred.
- Ability to professionally advocate business' mission and position on animal welfare issues.
- Strong desire to work with dogs.
- Demonstrate approachability when dealing with the general public. Experience in interacting with the general public (client service) preferred.
- Willing to work on weekends/holidays/varying shift times.
- Comfortable handling dogs with behavioral issues which may include shyness, fearfulness, and reactivity.
- Must be able to work with all dogs, including those with health concerns/conditions and all sizes, breeds, and energy levels.
- Demonstrate personal accountability to ensure that all responsibilities are completed effectively and in a timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop positive relationships with others and demonstrate sensitivity to the thoughts, feelings, and perspectives of others.
- Appropriate, clear, and concise written and verbal communication skills with strong listening skills.
- Knowledgeable of breeds, care giving, and characteristics of animals.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Basic computer skills necessary including kennel software/online database usage.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus.
- Experience interacting with the general public and excellent interpersonal skills.
Valid driver's license and transportation preferred but not required.
- Must be able to routinely lift 60 pounds.
- Must be able to perform strenuous physical activity on a daily basis, including, but not limited to: lifting and carrying, reaching, climbing ladders, stooping, squatting, cleaning and bending.
- Work indoors and outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
- Standing and walking for long periods of time throughout the day.
- Long exposure on a daily basis to cats and dogs of all temperaments, sizes, and medical conditions.
Urban Dog PlaycareOne of the first dog daycares in the country. In business for over 24 years. We provide daycare, training and boarding services.
Los Angeles, CA