Veterinary Receptionist Urban Animal
- $24 Hourly
Front of House staff are the first people our clients interact with when calling or visiting the practice and as such represents the professional image of the practice to callers and visitors. Front of House answers telephones, greets clients, enters client data, escorts clients and patients to exam rooms, and receives and relays client correspondence. Exceptional Front of House has the ability to diffuse negative client situations and maintain the highest level of client care and communication.
• Client service oriented – great people person and communicator.
• Reliable with strong work ethic.
• Compassionate and animal friendly.
• Able to multi task and work under pressure in a high traffic, high stress service environment.
· Preferred experience with basic office functions and equipment in a busy office environment.
• Previous customer service experience required.
• Previous receptionist and veterinary practice experience are desirable but not required.
EDUCATION AND LICENSES
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Basic math and spelling skills, good working knowledge of the English language. Knowledge of veterinary medical terminology preferred.
• Basic computer knowledge required; comfortable with MAC, Word, typing,
keyboarding, and email.
· Physical Effort: Work requires lifting and carrying items weighing up to 40 lbs.; requires standing for extended periods or time.
· Working Conditions: Will be exposed and required to clean up animal feces, urine, blood, etc. May be exposed to bites, scratches and contagious diseases.
• Be flexible in attitude and work habits.
• Within 30 days of hire understands and can pronounce and spell commonly used
· Maintains positive, cooperative and respectful relationships with other employees/ team members even during high traffic times.
• Displays a genuine liking for animals and their owners and enjoys working with both.
• Has good computer skills and attention to detail. Ability to type 50 WPM.
• Ability to understand and carry out oral and written directions.
Client Relations and Veterinary Knowledge
· Always interacts professionally, positively and efficiently with all clients even during situations that may be stressful. This includes phone calls, e-mails and in person.
· Maintains a positive attitude and clean work area even during high traffic and long client wait times
· Answers telephones and handle calls quickly, efficiently and in a professional and friendly manner using a multi-line system.
· Handles client correspondence including procedure reminders, e-mails, sympathy cards.
• Able to answer client’s inquiries about basic animal care questions.
• Has full knowledge of parasite preventatives to promote client education and sales.
• Ability to receive, relay, and follow up on phone and e-mail messages.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Admitting / Discharging Patients/ Cash Handling
• Outlines costs and fees in a positive light while supporting hospital payment policies.
• Accurately processes payment transactions.
• Accurately enters/updates client and patient information into practice computer software.
• Admits patients and handles computerized medical records entries accurately.
• Prepares health certificates, immunization certificates, and euthanasia certificates.
• Able to triage emergency cases.
· Maintains a professional/welcoming appearance of the front office through cleaning and organization.
· Offers proper upkeep for and troubleshoots office equipment including MAC’s, telephones, copiers, and fax machines.
• Follows company dress code and maintains a professional appearance.
• Arrives to work on time for each scheduled shift, works all shifts as scheduled, and provides proper notice of absences, late arrivals, and time off needs.
· Follows company policy regarding personal use of phones (both personal and business), computers, and other office equipment.
WAGES AND BENEFITS
The hiring range for the position is $19.00 per hour to $24.00 per hour. Benefits are outlined below and are separate from the hourly wage.
Urban Animal Benefits
At Urban Animal we value our employees and offer a competitive compensation package that includes plenty of benefits, plus a culture that nurtures, celebrates and rewards your contributions. Below are just some of the benefits Urban Animal offers to full time employees.
• Health insurance including vision, with 85% of monthly benefit paid by Urban Animal.
• Dental Insurance with 85% of monthly benefit paid by Urban Animal.
• Paid Holidays (Applicable if falls on your normally scheduled shift)
o New Years Day (Jan 1st)
o Memorial Day
o Independence Day (July 4th) o Labor Day
o Christmas Day
• Paid Time Off (PTO) – Approximately 120 hours per year, available to use as accrued. (Based on 40 hour work week)
• Discount on medical services/products for up to 4 personal pets.
• Friend/Family discount of 25% for up to 4 friends or family members.
Select benefits available to part-time team members. This summary is not a guarantee of benefits, and all plans are subject to change. Any errors and/or omissions are unintentional.
Urban AnimalSeattle, WA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.