- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Retirement
Upperline Health launched in 2017 and is one of the nation’s leading comprehensive and coordinated lower extremity healthcare organizations. Upperline Health provides the highest quality integrated health services to more patients in need through a skilled and compassionate team. We specialize in targeting patients at risk of developing complications and intervening earlier with an innovative care management approach to prevent more serious consequences. Upperline Health is based out of Nashville, TN and currently has practices in Alabama, California, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, and Tennessee.
Comprehensive benefit options include medical, dental and vision, 401K and PTO.
Uniforms are provided
About the Medical Assistant
Upperline Health California is seeking an energetic, compassionate, driven Medical Assistant to assist our physicians in delivering complex health services in the clinic setting. This person will work out of the Zephryhills, FL office. The Medical Assistant will be responsible for supporting the physician with a range of clinical and administrative tasks. Responsibilities will be varied, and candidates will be multi-talented, flexible problem solvers who are eager to tackle complex problems and tasks. Ideal candidates will have podiatry or orthopedic experience and bilingual (Spanish) is preferred.
Medical Assistant Responsibilities
- Review of medical history and medication reconciliation into electronic charts in the EMR system
- Intake of history of present illness
- Ensure accurate charting for the physician
- Provide patient care under the direction of a podiatric physician including, but not limited to obtaining vitals, minor in-office procedures, bandaging, DME fitting, taking and developing x-rays, performing prep work for all in-house surgery and assisting in the exam room as required
- Cleaning and maintaining treatment rooms and equipment including sterilization of instruments and sterile tray set up
- Complete paperwork required for disability or excuse notes
- May be requested to support and perform other duties as determined by the podiatric physician
Medical Assistant Experience Qualifications
- Previous experience as a Medical Assistant – experience in a healthcare clinic setting is preferred
- Podiatry or Orthopedic clinic experience is a plus
- Bilingual - Spanish is highly preferred
- X-ray experience is a plus
- Excellent computer skills and strong knowledge of medical terminology
- Previous experience working in an EMR – athenahealth EMR is a plus
- Must be an effective communicator with excellent grammar and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional customer service orientation featuring an empathetic, compassionate and professional demeanor with each interaction
- Demonstrated experience as a motivated and dedicated team member with a stable work history
- Reliable transportation and the ability to pass a background check and drug test is required
Compensation is commensurate to compensation for similar positions in the region and based on prior training and experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Powered by JazzHR
Upperline HealthZephyrhills, FL
Get fresh Medical Assistant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.