EMMA L. BOWEN COMMUNITY SERVICE CENTER
Also known as
UPPER MANHATTAN MENTAL HEALTH CENTER, INC.
The Emma L. Bowen Community Service Center is seeking a NYS certified Special Education Teacher to join our team.
JOB TITLE: SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER (Master’s Level)
PROGRAM: Therapeutic Preschool
HOURS: 35 hrs. per week, Monday – Friday
UNION STATUS: Union Position
-NYS Students with Disabilities Birth-2nd Grade certification
-Masters degree in Education
-Familiarity with IEP’s in order to ensure that the goals are met through daily instruction
-Knowledge and understanding of behavioral interventions in the classroom for children with behavioral problems
-Knowledge of the various disabilities that will be encountered in the classroom.
- Provide for the educational and cognitive needs of children, through curriculum planning, direct instruction, classroom management, etc.
- Supervise assistant teachers and paraprofessionals in their work with students in the classroom
- Participation in staff professional development trainings
- Meet with parents to discuss child’s progress in the classroom
- Maintain record of child’s educational progress
- Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Program and/or Educational Director
REPORTS TO: Director of Children’s Therapeutic Preschool; supervised by the School Building Leader