EMMA L. BOWEN COMMUNITY SERVICE CENTER
(aka) Upper Manhattan Mental Health Center, Inc. is seeking a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner to join our team. This position is a terrific opportunity for someone to gain additional experience and make a difference in the lives of our clients.
For over 45 years, our Organization has provided mental health and holistic services in northern Manhattan for families, children, adolescents, and other adults including the elderly in a supportive and caring environment. We also have an Out-patient and residential substance abuse program as well as a Therapeutic Preeschool for 3-5 years old. for additional information about our organizationj and programs, please visit us on our website at www.bowencsc.org
JOB TITLE: Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
PROGRAM ADULT OUTPATIENT SERVICES / CHILDREN OUTPATIENT SERVICES
HOURS: Part-time or Full-time
QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s degree in Nursing from an accredited nurse practitioner program is required. Currently licensed in New York State as a psychiatric nurse practitioner. Currently certified with the DEA to prescribe medication. Experience working with children and adults. Spanish speaking required.
As a member of a multi-disciplinary treatment team, and under the supervision of a psychiatrist (if required), the Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner will provide advanced clinical psychiatric nursing care, including:
- Performing psychiatric evaluations and ongoing medication management of clients
- Prescribing or recommending medication or other forms of treatment or related therapeutic procedures
- Ordering, interpreting, and evaluating diagnostic tests to identify and assess clients' clinical problems and health care needs
- Ordering laboratory tests and other diagnostic procedures
- Referring clients to specialized health resources for treatment
- Performing crisis intervention
- Communicating with healthcare professionals, families, and staff members to ensure ongoing quality delivery of health services
REPORTS TO: Unit Director