EMMA L. BOWEN COMMUNITY SERVICE CENTER
Also known as
UPPER MANHATTAN MENTAL HEALTH CENTER, INC.
The Emma L. Bowen Community Service Center is seeking a bi-lingual social worker to join our team. This position is a terrific opportunity for someone to gain additional experience and make a difference in the lives of our clients.
For over 45 forty-five years, our organization has provided mental health and holistic services in northern Manhattan for families, children, adolescents, and other adults including the elderly in a supportive and caring environment. We also have an out-patient and residential substance abuse program as well as a Therapeutic Preschool for 3-5 year olds. For additional information about our organization and programs, please visit us on our website at www.bowencsc.org.
POSITION: CARE MANAGER
PROGRAM: CARE MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
HOURS: 35 per week, Monday - Friday
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelors Degree in Human Services related discipline; (1) year post baccalaureate experience including l year in a psychiatric setting. Must be able to write psychosocial, participate in team conferences, plus work as part of a team. Must be able to work independently.
- Carry a Caseload of 20-25 patients regularly.
- Responsible for detailed tracking of patients in mental health care system to insure that the patient receives appropriate aftercare treatment including medical, housing, clinical and other social service needs.
- Keep detailed records on all clients including a service plan and maintain 3-Month Service Plan Reviews.
- Fieldwork includes: home visits, visits to aftercare settings, referral agencies, in-patient follow-up, etc.
- Keep primary therapist/treatment team regularly informed of results of all tracking intervention efforts.
- Attend treatment planning meeting and CARE Conferences.
- Attend in-service training
- Perform other duties as assigned by Care Management Services Director
RELATIONSHIP: Report directly to Care Management Services Director