Field Service Technician - Diesel
- Expired: February 22, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our Heavy Equipment Dealership has an opening for a full-time, experienced Field Service Technician to work on heavy Construction Equipment, Forestry, Marine and General equipment. We are looking for a dedicated employee with excellent troubleshooting and diagnostic skills to help deliver top notch service as a mechanic to our rapidly growing customer base.
- Diagnoses and repairs Caterpillar equipment including compactors, excavators, loaders, dozers, and other heavy construction equipment
- Responds to customer needs in a positive, supportive, and timely manner to ensure maximum value for work performed; a company truck is provided
- Using a high degree of independent judgment, assumes responsibility for the safe maintenance and repair of a variety of complex equipment and tools, which involve mechanical, hydraulic, gas, diesel, and electrical systems at branch or customer locations
- Maintains a clean and safe work area, adheres to all safety procedures; maintains a service vehicle in a clean and professional manner, and ensures the vehicle is always properly maintained
- Positively interacts with manager and team members to satisfy customer needs
- Provides assistance to all other levels of technicians as needed in regard to troubleshooting repairs
- Communicates job status with supervisor and communicates job is completed to receive the subsequent assignment
- Maintains paperwork documentation of work performed (work orders) in a complete and timely manner on a daily/job basis
- Documents labor, addition of segments, assuring that work order can be closed and billed as communicated with the customer
- Willing to respond to after hour emergency calls as directed by supervisor
- Identifies and communicates the need for parts for inventory
- Performs other duties as assigned/required
- 2-year technical degree or high school diploma and several years of comparable mechanic experience
- 5+ years of relevant diesel equipment repair experience, preferably some field experience
- Knowledge of hydraulics, transmissions, undercarriage, track systems, components, electrical, and fuel systems
- Previous experience with CAT equipment a plus but not required
- Possesses the ability to diagnose all equipment without supervision; is also able to read, follow, understand, and communicate schematics.
- Personal characteristics: Desire to provide outstanding, professional customer service, strong attention to detail, excellent problem solver, committed, and possesses written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain safe and clean work environment
- Willing and able to respond to after-hour emergency calls as directed by supervisor
- Basic computer skills
- Own mechanic tool set
- Clean driving record
- Class A CDL or willingness to obtain one within a defined period of time
- Able to operate equipment safely
Minimum Physical Requirements:
- Push/pull up to 50 lbs
- Lift/carry up to 60 lbs
- Lift bulky objects
- Standing, walking, using hands, talking, hearing, neck rotation, trunk rotation, stair climbing, ladder climbing, repetitive bending, kneeling, sustained squat, forward reaching, overhead reaching, supine overhead reaching, crawling, bin lift, high steps, fingering/grasping - able to use bolt box.
- Working Conditions may be indoor and/or outdoor. Noise level may be loud at times.
DOT driving requirements:
Applicants must be able to obtain valid Class A CDL, obtain a DOT medical certification card, and pass a DOT pre-employment drug screen and physical.
Get fresh Poultry Field Service Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.