Senior Developer Advocate
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
As a Developer Advocate at Upbound, you'll be operating at the intersection of engineering and evangelism for Upbound's suite of products and our open source project, Crossplane. In this cross functional role, you'll be a product evangelist first followed by an ecosystem influencer. Drawing on your experience in the cloud native space you will engage and build relationships with developers to deeply understand and improve their journey of adoption of Upbound products and help them to navigate and reduce friction points along the way. Ideally, you are someone who can build tools and content for developers while seeding developer communities and programs around a technology you believe in. If you don't just want to be part of the modernization of the cloud native ecosystem, but you want to be out front leading it then this is your dream job.
In this role, you will…
- Shape and execute a strategy around driving developer awareness and adoption of Upbound's products.
- Work with the product, engineering and growth teams to improve the onboarding and overall experience of developers.
- Identify and build relationships with key influencers with the aim of fostering a strong community, as well as collect feedback about the product and technical blockers if any.
- Organize events and help drive submissions and proposals around Upbound's suite of products.
- Create and execute a schedule of technical content on the Upbound blog such as videos, blogs, tech talks, live streams, tutorials, best practices, and white papers to enable operators and developers to successfully leverage Crossplane and Upbound.
- Engage with the Crossplane community via Slack and GitHub issues, answering common questions and/or connecting question askers with community members who might know the answer.
- Attend in-person and virtual events, giving talks about Upbound and Crossplane while working towards establishing Upbound as the owner of the control plane product category we're building.
- Summarize patterns you've observed in the community and use that as input to the product team's quarterly and annual planning
You are a good fit if you...
- Have 5+ years combined experience as a Developer Advocate within open source communities combined with other technical roles (e.g. Developer, Engineering Ops, Technical Support etc)
- Clear communication skills to different internal and external audiences in both written and verbal mediums.
- Enjoy giving technical presentations to audiences that span the technical to semi-technical spectrum.
- Are well versed in the enterprise software and cloud native landscapes.
- Quickly pick up and navigate highly technical cloud infrastructure architectures, challenges, and concepts.
- Previously helped launch a developer product and have grown a thriving community around it.
- Regularly create technical documentation, blogs, and other forms of media that clearly articulate solutions and drive adoption.
- Maintain an active and credible presence in developer communities and social media channels.
- Programmed in a modern coding language such as Go
- Enjoy being an educator and thought partner to developers and open source community members.
- Love solving problems.
Upbound - Job Posting
AddressNew York, NY
Get fresh Developer Advocate jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.