- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
At UpRys our mission is to elevate organizations through people, process, and technology. Our experienced professionals help serve the needs of small businesses and nonprofits with valuable expertise in finance and accounting, operations, workforce management, technology, marketing, and leadership.
As our Payroll Administrator you are primarily responsible for carrying out the daily payroll procedures for UpRys and our client groups to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency. You will also be responsible for providing support to the finance department in areas to include but not limited to accounts payable, accounts receivable, and data analysis. You should be an energetic professional who does not mind wearing multiple hats.
To ensure success, you should possess an extensive knowledge of payroll and accounting principles and have experience in a similar role. The ideal candidate will be someone whose expertise translates into optimized processes and compliance with industry regulations and a passion for working with a diverse, rewarding clientele.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the preparation and processing of high-volume payroll
- Implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
- Facilitates audits by providing records and documentation to auditors.
- Identifies and recommends updates to payroll processing software, systems, and procedures.
- Track and deduct all garnishments and other special payroll deductions.
- Calculating commissions, bonuses, tax withholdings, and deductions.
- Coordinating with the HR and Benefits departments to ensure correct employee data.
- Other duties as assigned.
Summary of Qualifications
- Must live in the Columbus Metro Area
- 2 years of payroll processing for 100+ employee.
- Strong customer service experience with a customer-centric focus.
- Extensive knowledge of the payroll function including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes.
- Advanced proficiency in payroll/HRIS software programs such as isolved and ADP Workforce Now.
- An advanced understanding of bookkeeping and payroll processes and procedures to include standards and regulations.
- Strong numerical aptitude and attention to detail.
- Proficient in all MS Office applications including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Resourceful, strategic problem-solving ability with a fun, positive “can do” attitude and fun sense of humor.
- Excellent organization and time management skills to complete a high volume of varied responsibilities in a fast-paced setting with excellent attention to detail and the belief that no task is too big or too small.
- Superb communication skills (oral and written) with a confident, concise, clear and compelling style with the ability to interact professionally with diverse groups, executives and managers.
We create meaningful change when we work together. At UpRys, our dedicated employees and fractional partners are core to our success. We work with individuals who are interested in bettering the community, building their expertise, and contributing their knowledge to a high-functioning team.
UpRys provides a collaborative environment, where ideas are appreciated and thinking outside of the box is respected.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at UpRys