Tactical Material Planner/Buyer
- Expired: October 19, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Under the direction of the Tactical Planning Supervisor, The Tactical Planner/Buyer will have responsibility for the organization, analysis and execution of purchase requisitions for materials that are required to support the fleet. These requirements and the transfers of assigned commodities to the various Regional Distribution Centers are the main focus of this position. The incumbent will be responsible for planning operations that require a degree of experience, knowledge, professionalism and administration. The Tactical Planner/Buyer will be proficient with the use of all applications associated with the authorized tools that are required to execute the plan.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS):
- Under the guidelines of established policies and procedures, the Tactical Planner/Buyer is responsible for determining inventory levels required to support new parts sales, exchange or rental business as assigned.
- Responsibilities include the daily analysis, monitoring and execution of the plan for material availability that supports and is in line with established service levels.
The daily planning activities include but are not limited to the following:
- Initial input and maintenance of the computerized Part Master Database. Extensive coordination with internal entities is required to maintain accurate information.
- Maintain, manage and monitor supplier unit cost, discount, lead-time, price changes and other pertinent information to ensure purchase order accuracy.
- Perform the necessary administrative tasks to support expediting receipt of material as scheduled.
- Work from the forecasting and planning systems generated alerts to analyze material requirements necessary to support the worldwide distribution network, prepare purchase requisitions, plan stock allocations, monitor supplier deliveries and make inventory decisions for current and future requirements.
- Review excess inventory reports to determine and identify items eligible for scrapping or modification.
- Review Material Action Documents to propose disposition and take necessary actions to resolve the issue.
- Recommend improvements to existing procedures in response to organizational changes or enhanced technology
- Other duties may be assigned by management in order to meet department or business objectives on an as needed basis
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Two years material planning experience with one year in an aviation related industry using an automated inventory management system (i.e. MRP, SAP, MCA OR DRP)
- Direct experience in the use of the industry standard Illustrated Parts Catalog and ATA Technical Manuals
- Working knowledge and understanding of FAA regulations with regards to parts procurement documentation and traceability
- Proficiency with the use of PC Windows business software (Microsoft Office preferred)
- Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers in a professional manner
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- A&P License
- APICS certification or CPIM
- Proficiency with databases and queries
- Office environment
- Use of personal computers required
- Some travel may be required
401(k) Retirement Saving Plan
Basic Life Insurance
Business Travel Accident Insurance
Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Paid Time Off
Falcon LIFT (Learning Ignites Falcon Talent)
Tuition Assistance Program
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Up North Aero
Get fresh Tactical Buyer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.