- Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Retirement
The Interiors Technician identifies project work scopes; fabricates covers, cushions, sidewall panels, and other aircraft interior components to meet quality standards; and communicates with manager and co-workers in a timely and effective manner
- Fabricates covers, cushions, sidewall panels, and other aircraft interior components in aircraft.
- Receives customer orders.
- Analyzes details of projects. Identifies work scope.
- Upon arrival of the aircraft, reviews the project with Manager, including all elements of the work scope.
- Removes aircraft interior parts as needed.
- Performs disassembly of components. Inspects components.
- Fabricates new foam cushions, strips, recovers, rebuilds, patterns and sews to specifications provided in sketches, drawings or engineering orders for seats, divans, side ledges and other interior soft goods per customer specifications.
- Reviews completed work with Manager prior to customer presentation.
- Maintains effective relationships with management, staff and other departments to deliver high quality service to customers and the organization.
- Coordinates customer installation projects with Manager to ensure projects are completed within deadlines.
- Ensures materials and labor are properly entered into all work orders.
- Reviews final paperwork and required signoff per FAA requirements.
Experience and Skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of upholstery processes and products. Willing to learn FAA regulations as they pertain to aircraft interior burn testing and the modification/repair of interior structures.
- Willing to learn FAA certification processes, including parts, repair processes, drawings, and all applicable compliance requirements.
- Able to make proactive service decisions and move forward with projects based on available information; able to think analytically and select a solution from many alternatives.
- Proficient in computer skills, including MS Office and Internet. Able to learn and utilize all available software packages. Willingness to learn and utilize software required for interior cabinet manufacturing processes.
- Able to maintain high quality standards and attention to detail in all facets of the work. Able to maintain utilization and efficiency standards.
- Able to plan, prioritize, coordinate, and manage own work in a fast-paced environment. Able to work unsupervised, make moderate level decisions independently, and solve problems effectively and creatively.
- Kneel, bend, squat, reach, and lean several hours throughout the day while performing upholstery work.
- Lift equipment and materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Climb ladders while performing upholstery installation on aircraft.
- Stand and walk to move around the shop area repeatedly throughout the day.
- Comply with drug testing requirements in compliance with federal regulations.
Employer offers a full benefits package including health, dental, 401(k) plan with employer match and other benefits. In addition, you will get 15 days of PTO, holiday pay, all while working with great people in a family-friendly atmosphere.
Employer is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Women, minorities, the disabled and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Up North AeroSouth Saint Paul, MN
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.