· Review and manage staff deliverables including tax returns, extensions, tax projections for all individual and entity types.
· Prepare and/or review complex individual, gift, estate, fiduciary, non-profit, foundation, gift-tax, partnerships and corporate returns.
· Perform and assist in quarterly tax planning.
· Perform and assist in estate tax planning.
· Work closely with partners to schedule, manage and delegate projects with staff and provide ongoing accounting and tax assistance.
· Conduct tax research and prepare memorandum to educate employees and clients.
· Respond to IRS and state agency audits, inquires and tax notices.
· Manage and monitor client engagements and due dates
· Prepares internal memoranda, written correspondence/guidance and other documents for submission to the IRS or Treasury Department.
· Research and prepare work papers for each client file and situation.
· Ensure personalized client satisfaction through open communication, managing and meeting deadlines, and proactively sharing tax strategies.
· Keep abreast of current developments in the tax area by attending professional development and continuing education sessions on a regular basis.
· Assist with employee training for new hires and ongoing CPE.
· Engage in consulting and special projects as requested by partners and clients
· CPA certification – Masters in Tax Preferred.
· Min five years experience preparing all types of tax returns with public CPA firm or private company.
· Min two years reviewing all types of tax returns and compiled financial statements with a public CPA firm or private company.
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
· Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
· Experience using Tax Software such as Pro Systems, Engagement
· Client and firm confidentiality and the utmost regards for professional and personal ethics.
· Must pass background check.