Univision Communications Inc. has an immediate opening for an entry-level position in the exciting world of broadcasting!
The Programming Coordinator has a direct influence on all on-air elements. Foremost, the Coordinator ensures our advertisers develop and maintain brand awareness and customer loyalty. The Programming Coordinator will have daily interaction with various Sales, Programming, Marketing, Finance, Operations and Engineering Departments across the country.
We are the leading media company serving Hispanic America. Our powerhouse portfolio includes Television, Radio, and Interactive offerings that entertain and inform more Hispanics each day than any other media company in the country. Our Company values serve as a compass for our actions and the foundation for our interactions with employees, customers, and suppliers.
- Build, maintain and verify program schedules in the traffic system
- Create, edit and maintain program formats
- Produce and distribute program information including guides and grids
- Provide assistance as needed for all processes related to programming and formats
- Effectively work with other team members and managers in a professional manner
- Maintain electronic filing systems
- Develop rapport with sales executives and management
- Coordinate and work with other teams
- Completes projects within deadlines
- Abides by organizational norms and support the organizational goals
- Remains calm and professional through stressful circumstances
- Regular and timely attendance
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of work experience in a professional environment
- Accurately decipher and implement written instructions
- Exceptional organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to maintain a positive and professional attitude
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Capable of problem solving and seeking solutions to challenging issues
- able to work independently and in a team environment
- Work under pressure and within deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook and Excel
- Work periods may include day, night, weekend and holiday rotations. Must be able to work during natural disasters or inclement weather
- Experience working in Broadcast Traffic or Sales Service department preferred
- Knowledge of WideOrbit traffic software is a plus
- Must be willing to work from office in Newfield, NJ
- Employment/education will be verified
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, type, and sit for up to (8) hours
Univision is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As the leading Hispanic media company in the U.S., Univision Communications Inc. entertains, informs and empowers U.S. Hispanics with news, sports and entertainment content across broadcast and cable television, audio and digital platforms. The company's top-rated media portfolio includes the Univision and UniMas broadcast networks, as well as cable networks Univision Deportes Network (UDN) and Galavision. Locally, Univision owns or operates 65 television stations in major U.S. Hispanic markets and Puerto Rico. Additionally, Uforia, the Home of Latin Music, encompasses 58 owned or operated radio stations, a live event series and a robust digital audio footprint. The company's prominent digital assets include Univision.com, streaming service Univision Now, the largest Hispanic influencer network and several top-rated apps. For more information, visit corporate.univision.com.