IT Manager (Inst)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
IT Manager (Inst)
University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee
Position Number: 00709232
Introduction (Description of School/College/Dept/Program)
If you want to be part of an organization that is playing a vital role in crafting the future of Wisconsin, the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (UWM) is the place for you. UWM is seeking a Manager of IT Project Management for our University IT Services Department. If you are passionate about being part of a dynamic and talented team of technology professionals who value integrity and excellence and want to help take us to the next level, then look no further.Who We Are: UWM, a doctoral/research intensive university, is Wisconsins premier public urban university and offers a comprehensive liberal arts and professional education at the undergraduate and graduate level to over 25,000 students. UWM takes pride in being a student-centered institution that is deeply committed to diversity in its student body, faculty and staff, and programs. Our tree-lined, 104-acre campus is located on Milwaukees upper-eastside, one of the citys most attractive residential areas and home to many faculty, staff, and students. For more information, please visit our website at www.uwm.edu What We Offer:
- Innovative, collaborative, and casual-work environment with flexible work/life balance schedules
- Challenging and progressive career development
- Excellent comprehensive benefits package
- On-site health & wellness programs
- On-site affordable day care
- Best practice PTO policies and paid holidays
- Open communication, recognition programs, and team-building events
- And much more to motivated, results-oriented individuals who want to make a real difference in their community and role
Reporting to the Director of IT Professional Services, this position is responsible for managing the UWM IT project management and project portfolio management practices and the following activities:
- Lead and participate in the selection of tools, standards, and procedures to be used in support of the UWM IT project management and project portfolio management practices.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and development of UWM IT project management staff.
- Foster continuous optimization and improvement of the UWM IT project management and project portfolio management practices.
- 5+ years of professional work experience providing project management for information technology services and projects
- 5+ years of professional work experience leading and managing information technology professionals
- Bachelors or advanced degree in information systems or related field
- Formal training in project management competencies as evidenced by a PMP certification or equivalent
- Formal training in ITSM competencies as evidenced by an ITIL certification or equivalent
- Experience working in higher education
Interested applicants are required to apply online and provide:
- A cover letter addressing your education/experience as it applies to all minimum and preferred qualifications,
- A resume, and
- A document listing the names and contact information for three professional references.
For this position, applicants are required to apply online. UWM will not consider paper, emailed or faxed applications. Additionally, applicants must complete all required fields and attach any required documents. The process is complete when the message "Your application has been submitted" is displayed and you receive a confirmation number.
Legal NoticesAA/EO Statement
UWM is an AA/EO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status.
UWM provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual with a disability. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-229-4463. This job announcement and other material on this site will be made available in alternate formats upon request to an individual with a disability.
Confidentiality of Applicant Materials
UWM is a State agency and subject to Wisconsins Open Records Law. UWM will not, however, reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing except as may be required by Wisconsins Open Records law. In certain circumstances, the identities of "final candidates" and/or the identity of the appointed applicant must be revealed upon request.
CBC and Reference Check Policy
Employment will require a criminal background check. UWM takes the prevention of sexual misconduct seriously. As such, you and your references will be required to answer questions regarding any past findings of sexual violence and sexual harassment or any pending allegations of sexual violence or sexual harassment.
Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (Clery Act)
For the UWM Annual Security and Fire Safety Reports (i.e., Clery Report), which includes statistics about reported crimes and information about campus security policies, see http://www.cleryact.uwm.edu/, or call UWMs Dean of Students Office, Student Union 345 at (414) 229-4632 for a paper copy.
In compliance with federal law, all persons at the time of their start date will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Title and Total Compensation Project
The University of Wisconsin System is engaged in a Title and Total Compensation (TTC) project to redesign job titles and compensation structures. As a result of the TTC project, official job titles on current job postings may change in 2021. Job duties and responsibilities will remain the same. For more information please visit: wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/title-and-total-compensation-study/
To apply, please visit: https://jobs.uwm.edu/postings/34913
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee
TechnologyView all jobs at University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee