The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee is recruiting for Custodian Lead positions. Under the direction of a Custodial Services Supervisor (CSS) the incumbent performs the duties as a lead worker by facilitating work performed by a crew of custodians. This position assists the CSS in developing custodial objectives and the tasks required to achieve them. In addition, this position implements work plans under the direct supervision of the CSS and performs assigned custodial tasks. The Custodian Lead will check work, assist with training, and provide instruction on the proper cleaning methods and safe operation of all equipment. Also, custodian leads will be required to deliver equipment, supplies, and employees to various campus buildings using university owned vehicles.
Working schedule will be 1st shift: Monday-Friday from 6a.m.-2:30p.m., 2nd shift: Monday-Friday from 2p.m.-10:30p.m., or, 3rd shift: Sunday-Thursday or Monday-Friday from 10p.m.-6:30a.m.
Applicant for this position must have:
• Demonstrated experience using and maintain custodial tools (e.g., carpet cleaner, auto scrubbers, all types of rotary scrubbers, washing machines, etc.)
• A valid driver license and be able to meet the State’s minimum requirements for driving on State business
• Evidence of the ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds stoop, bend, twist, reach, push, pull, squat, kneel, and be on your feet for several hours at a time
• Evidence of the ability to work hours in excess of the regular work shift, including nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime.
Highly qualified candidates will also have:
• Demonstrated experience in a customer service industry
• Evidence of the ability to motivate, develop, and direct people as they work
• Demonstrated experience in a work place using common business productivity software and applications (e.g., Microsoft Office, Outlook, etc.)
Applicants are highly encouraged to utilize the cover letter to thoroughly address your experience (including dates of employment) or applicable coursework as it relates specifically to the minimum and preferred qualifications listed above. In instances where the Screening Committee is unable to ascertain from the candidates’ application materials whether he/she meets any of the qualifications, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications.
In your application, please include a professional resume, and a document listing the names and contact information for three professional references.
Finance & Administrative Affairs is required to conduct Post-Offer Pre-Employment screenings on all selected candidates for Custodial positions. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing the screening.
Interested individuals can apply online at: http://jobs.uwm.edu/postings/29089