The Senior Salesforce Administrator will oversee the ongoing development of Continuum College’s Marketing and Enrollment Services Salesforce system. The successful candidate will have experience designing and administering enterprise class CRM systems and a record of collaborating with business users to improve processes using Salesforce best practices and business acumen.
The Senior Salesforce Administrator will be responsible for day-to-day support, maintenance and improvement of the CRM platform in collaboration with the Jr. Salesforce Administrator, Marketing Cloud Administrator, and Salesforce Developer(s). They will also be a leading contributor as we build future iterations of our Salesforce org or build new orgs.
System Management and Administration
- Create, configure and maintain solutions on the Salesforce platform using the full Salesforce toolset, including custom objects, formula fields, workflows, custom views, etc.
- Translate user story requests into workable requirements, Salesforce elements, and document technical specifications and the associated test cases
- Ability to design, test, debug, package and deploy quality, scalable and well documented solutions on the Salesforce platform.
- Work cross-functionally to develop and maintain Salesforce integrations with both internal and third party systems
- Create and maintain sandboxes, development environments
- Collaborate with the Marketing Cloud Administrator to build data extensions within Journey Builder or other email campaigns, as well as conduct QA testing upon request.
- Train new users
- Regularly assess Salesforce license types and licensing needs
- Assess and implement Salesforce software releases
- Thoroughly reviews release notes for vendor upgrades to identify any risks and opportunities
- Troubleshoot user issues as escalated by Salesforce Administrator
- Provide training and mentorship to Salesforce Administrator
- Manage user accounts and permissions and operational governance in production, sandbox, and developer sandbox environments
- Serve as a marketing liaison with software development team to architect and develop new solutions and integrations to meet customer needs. This includes participation and sometimes leadership in architecture development and design reviews.
- Manage Salesforce data feeds and other integrations
Bachelor's degree in information technology or a related field AND at least 3 years demonstrated experience as a Salesforce Administrator, with technical implementation and day to day operations experience
- Experience with Lightning Experience and Lightning Components
- Salesforce Admin Certification (ADM 201)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced Salesforce Administrator Certification (ADM 211)
- Hands-on Salesforce Marketing Cloud administration experience or experience administering other marketing automation platforms
- Experience working in an agile/scrum environment
- Knowledge of application development technologies and methodologies
- Experience with a variety of development languages (Apex, Java, SQL Server, XML, etc.)
- Experience working in higher education setting
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, the University of Washington will honor your experiences, perspectives and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming.
The University of Washington is a leader in environmental stewardship & sustainability, and committed to becoming climate neutral.