As a patient-focused organization, University of Utah Health exists to enhance the health and well-being of people through patient care, research and education. Success in this mission requires a culture of collaboration, excellence, leadership, and respect. University of Utah Health seeks staff that are committed to the values of compassion, collaboration, innovation, responsibility, diversity, integrity, quality and trust that are integral to our mission. EO/AA
This is a call center position servicing patient scheduling needs.
This position provides excellent customer-focused service in a call center by handling inbound and outbound telephone calls supporting patient scheduling, provider messaging, and general operator services functions. This position maximizes efficiency by facilitating and ensuring the accuracy of the information flow between medical staff, hospital staff and various departments.
This position has no responsibility for providing care to patients.
- Provides excellent customer service by resolving concerns and responding to inquires in a professional and engaging manner.
- Coordinates services provided to customers according to policies and procedures, and provides customer education as needed.
- Maintains excellent schedule adherence and productivity standards.
- Handles all customer contacts in a timely and efficient manner. Customer contacts include patient scheduling requests, sending provider messages, customer inquires, complaints and feedback calls.
- Performs other administrative or clerical duties and projects as assigned by the manager.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and a willingness to go above and beyond to meet the needs of the customer.
- Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communications.
- Ability to respond appropriately to customer requests for one call resolution.
- Demonstrated computer literacy, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to type at least 45 WPM.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and high productivity in stressful or difficult situations.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to apply the processes, activities, and tools associated with managing customer requests.
- Ability to report to work on time and avoid unnecessary absenteeism.
- Two years of experience in communications, customer service, or a related medical field, or educational equivalency.
- Experience with Epic and Outlook.
Employee must be able to meet the following requirements with or without an accommodation.
- This is a sedentary position in an office setting that may exert up to 10 pounds and may lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. This position involves sitting most of the time and is not exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Color Determination, Far Vision, Listening, Manual Dexterity, Near Vision, Non Indicated, Reaching, Sitting, Speaking