Project Manager for Outreach
University of Toledo Physicians Toledo, OH
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Project Manager for Outreach will be responsible for the department’s outreach efforts and provide support to the operational management team through coordination of meetings and support of assigned projects. Position will largely be responsible for developing the department’s image and relationships with external industry, patient clinics and hospital systems in addition to coordinating public relations as well as creating marketing material/brochures for the Department of Medicine.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Travel to local and outlying communities to promote the services of the physicians in the Department of Medicine. Attends community outreach events.
2. Coordinates and oversees projects as assigned, including grid development and maintenance, holding others accountable for assigned tasks, deadlines, etc.
3. Identifies new project and existing project needs. Plan, conduct, and manage multiple projects and assignments.
4. Develops implementation strategies and training plans for projects including interaction with funding sources for new opportunities and growth/sustainability.
5. Design, implement and evaluate promotional and educational activities for specific outreach opportunities.
6. Develop relationships with hospitals, industry and other physician group to foster referrals.
7. Works with marketing to develop and implement patient direct marketing to facilitate increased new patient visits.
8. Coordinates, prepares and orders outreach materials.
9. Mails/faxes educational orientation materials and outreach materials as needed.
10. Meets regularly with clinic administrators, as well as the care navigators at TTH, St Luke’s and UTMC to ensure a smooth transition for patients from inpatient to outpatient care.
11. Builds and maintains relationships with regional Medicaid providers and clinics.
12. Acts as an ambassador for the Department of Medicine, promoting the mission, vision and values of the organization.
13. Research and develop relationships to afford the DOM faculty to provide CME talks to other hospitals and physicians’ organizations.
14. Works with faculty to develop CME events for physicians to attend at UT.
15. Works to resolve customer dissatisfaction, including direct contract with patients or referring physicians to resolve problems.
16. Attends all mandatory training and in-services.
17. Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s Degree preferred
- Previous experience with outreach to professionals and clinic outreach preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, current insurance, and reliable transportation.
- Must be proficient with Excel, and other database spreadsheets
- Experience and strong skill set in Microsoft office to include Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to multi-task in a highly demanding and competitive work environment
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently and effective with minimal to no supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Adheres to UTMC Customer service values; demonstrates outstanding telephone etiquette; culturally appropriate communication skills required
- Years of Experience: 3 years at a minimum of working in a professional environment
- Tolerate busy office environment that requires constant interaction with employees, students, residents, and physicians.
- Traveling is required for this position.
- Requires prolonged walking and standing.
- Occasional carrying of items weighing up to 30 pounds required.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range and manual dexterity.
- Requires the ability to operate various types of office equipment, including but not limited to:
- Personal computer
- Fax machines
- Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment on a daily basis.
- Must be able to work effectively both with internal and external customers in stressful situations.
- Visual acuity of 20/20 or corrected to 20/20 including color vision when applicable; 2) ability to hear with or without aides); 3) ability to orally communicate; 4) good manual dexterity; 5) ability to push, pull, roll, and transfer/lift 50 pounds occasionally; 6) ability to stand, walk frequently; 7) ability to bend, stoop, kneel frequently.
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the people so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, height, weight, familial or marital status, or genetics.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
University of Toledo Physicians
BusinessView all jobs at University of Toledo Physicians