Customer Service Collections
University of Toledo Physicians Toledo, OH
- Posted: over a month ago
University of Toledo Physicians' mission is to improve the human condition through excellence in patient care and medical discovery. Representing more than 200 physicians, UT Physicians are leaders in clinical care, research and education of the future physicians, providing care in a wide range of medical specialties from the most complex diagnoses and treatments to primary care for the entire family. The primary site of inpatient care services is at the University of Toledo Medical Center, but many of our physicians’ practice at hospitals and medical offices throughout the region.
University of Toledo Physicians offers competitive pay and benefits including: 403B, Pension, health and tuition waiver at UT.
Responsible for collection of patient accounts, insurance companies and third-party payers. Assisting patients with questions regarding their UTP accounts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Uphold and maintain UTP's standard of quality customer service.
- Handles and resolves patient telephone, personal or written inquiries and documents each via account notes and/or patient file. Follows up with departments or other parties as warranted.
- Respond to customer inquiries with a professional positive attitude.
- Monitors and follows up with patients, insurance companies and/or third party payers as required.
- Troubleshooting billing problems/issues.
- Files insurance claims and/or requests same to be done by appropriate department when applicable.
- Set up monthly payment arrangements, processes Financial Hardship Applications when needed.
- Edits bad debt write-offs or collection agency adjustments as needed.
- Documents on the account procedures taken to resolve patient inquiries.
- Working from AR, contact patients by telephone to resolve patient outstanding balances.
- Prioritize and work in large volume area.
- Adheres to the workflow design established for department and meets all job performance standards.
- Assists other staff members as needed or assigned.
- Must be able to multi task, speak clearly and professionally over the telephone, navigate through different software applications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience filing insurance claims.
- Typing/key boarding and computer skills.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills to work with physicians, patients and staff at all levels, must have the ability to relate to people in a manner to win confidence and establish rapport.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and problem-solving abilities necessary.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Years of Experience:
- Two years of collection, medical billing and customer service experience.
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the people so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, height, weight, familial or marital status, or genetics.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
University of Toledo Physicians
BusinessView all jobs at University of Toledo Physicians