University of Toledo Physicians Toledo, OH
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
University of Toledo Physicians offers competitive pay and benefits including: 403B, Pension, health and tuition waiver at UT.
Under general supervision will provide all aspects of secretarial support and works directly with physicians and other clinical support staff to ensure smooth division operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Manage the day-to-day support functions of the division
- Serves as liaison between physician, other agencies, & general public
- Maintain physician schedules; ensures accuracy of Outlook calendars; provides support to physicians in managing schedules.
- Makes arrangements for travel, meetings and conferences
- Completes all applications for physician including but not limited to, license renewals, hospital privileges, seminar applications, research protocols, manuscripts, and book chapters for division members, annual reports, etc.
- Edits and proofreads manuscripts, abstracts, and journal submissions - carries out journal article searches, prepares bibliographies as assigned
- Proofread and edit correspondences as requested
- Maintains statistical data for physician of yearly CME course requirement figures
- Updates CVs, biographies and other documentation as directed
- Coordinates scheduling for Heart Station student rotation, arranging their schedule for the month, organizing and grading tests
- Maintain work/repair orders for the division
- Completion and sending of daily/weekly/weekend schedule emails
- Completes the Vascular Schedule Monthly
- Enters all Cath/EP/Heart station cases into Outlook for all Cardio Physicians
- Assists in physician and APP recruitment as directed
- Exhibits excellent customer relations with physicians, co-workers, and community and referral source.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three years of secretarial or administrative experience required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, office e-mail and scheduling applications
- Undergraduate degree preferred
- Experience with medical office procedures and terminology preferred
- Must be able to multitask
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and organizational skills
- Assistant must have the ability to work independently with little supervision
- Primarily sedentary in nature with occasional lifting of small objects weighing approximately 10 pounds; sitting; standing; walking; talking and hearing.
- Primarily inside in well-lighted, well-ventilated areas.
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the people so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, height, weight, familial or marital status, or genetics.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
University of Toledo Physicians
BusinessView all jobs at University of Toledo Physicians