Title of Position
Administrative Associate II (UTSA Academic Advising)
Department Posting Name
This is a Classified, benefits eligible, position.
Hours per week
If employee will be working a schedule other than Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm, specify hours and days to be worked
Flexible schedule to accommodate academic advising hours to meet student needs.
Typically an 8:00 am- 5:00 pm scheduled; however, occasional evening and weekends may be required.
If Temporary, Ending Date
Beginning Salary Flexibility
Graduated High School or completed GED
Do you want to allow additional experience to substitute for required education?
Field of Study
MS Office Experience Required
Word, Excel, Outlook
Will this position require driving a UT or personally owned vehicle?
Yes - Marginal Function
Other Computer and Software Skills Required
Experience and Other Skills Required
Six years of increasingly responsible administrative, clerical or office experience.
Exceptional student-centered customer service skills.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Attention to detail.
Ability to work as part of a collaborative team.
Ability to prioritize workload and effectively multitask in a fast-paced environment.
Experience with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Do you want to allow additional education to substitute for required experience?
Yes (1 Year Education = 1 Year Experience)
Other Skills Preferred
One year of supervisory experience.
Experience in a university environment.
Experience with PeopleSoft.
Experience with Banner.
Experience with Student Success Collaborative - Navigate.
Knowledge of university policies and procedures.
Description of Job Duties
Function: Oversight of front desk reception duties and supervision of clerical staff and student workers. To assist in the supervision and administration of the department and process various administrative decisions in accordance with departmental and university rules, regulations, policies and procedures. Scope: Responsible for the supervision of clerical and student staff and expediting administrative planning of internal activities, program and special projects. Assist management team with administrative decisions which requires a thorough knowledge of departmental and university regulations, policies and procedures.
1. Oversee and supervise advising center front desk operations ensuring quality customer service is provided by team members working the front desk. This includes greeting visitors as they enter the academic advising front desk area, answering questions, answering phone calls, making student appointments, taking and delivering accurate messages, collecting and distributing student informational forms and handouts, and maintaining the front office reception area.
2. Plans, organizes and coordinates administrative duties as relevant to front desk operations in conjunction and at the direction of management team. Supervises and trains clerical and student staff to adhere to organizational policies, work rules and regulations, and departmental operating procedures.
3. Supervise clerical and student staff which includes scheduling and monitoring staff to maximize coverage to meet departmental need.
4. Work in collaboration with academic advising colleagues and administrators, college and university administrators, faculty members, staff, and other campus resources to aid in supporting student's needs and support undergraduate student success.
5. Review and enter weekly time reports into university accounting program,
PeopleSoft, and track work-study hours and wage expenditures.
6. Provide administrative support to the academic advising team, which includes submitting purchasing requests to the centralized budget team, meeting deadlines and scheduling of room reservations as needed.
7. Assist in maintaining, updating and developing departmental informational handouts, brochures, lists, etc.
8. Attend and participate in professional development opportunities.
9. Perform additional duties as assigned.
Posting Open Date
Posting Close Date at midnight on
Open Until Filled
Special Notes To Applicants
UTSA is a tobacco-free campus.
Currently you are applying for a position in UTSA Academic Advising. Please note that as enrollment changes, your appointment in particular areas/disciplines may change.
UTSA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
This is a security sensitive position. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
Applicants must specifically address in their application how they meet the required experience and skills for the position.
Applicants who are selected for the interview must be able to show proof that they are eligible and qualified to work in the United States if selected for hire.
Applicants who are selected for the interview may be required to complete an Employment Proficiency Exam.