The Director of Development and Strategic Planning will direct the efforts of development and endowment, coordinate staff and volunteers in fundraising, donor benefits and special events at the Center for Brain Health and Brain Performance Institute. This position is responsible for managing projects and initiatives and effectively building relationships with a wide array of constituencies who will help build the Center programs in accordance with our mission statement. Such efforts are expected to yield growing support for annual fundraising, planned giving program, corporate and foundation giving, and special events. In addition, active participation and contributions to our strategic plan and future growth vision are expected as a part of the Executive Administration team.
## Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree with five or more years of fundraising experience.
## Preferred Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of progressively successful stewardship and fund-raising experience required, but would prefer our ideal candidate to have planned giving and or endowment experience, contract and grant proposal experience, leadership skills, people management skills, integrity, high-energy, and polished personality.
## Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Develop and implement our strategic plan and mission. Including: Public Relations, Marketing and Communications, Successful gift planning campaigns, Endowments, Organize and execute special events.
* Work with advisory boards and volunteers, grant proposal writing and budgeting, fundraising for major campaigns including UTDallas Alumni, Corporate support, Community support, and major donors.
* Devise and execute multi-year fundraising strategies to support the Center's long range strategic initiatives.
* Support both the efforts of the Chief Director and the mission of leading the Center as a top-tier research facility.
* Assist the Community Relations and Media teams with design, development, publication and release of multi-tiered media resources.
* Demonstrate a working knowledge of the local philanthropic community.
* Educate the public about the Center's mission and vision through marketing and public outreach.
* Become a visible leader in the community, other duties as assigned.
## Special Instructions Summary
Upload a one page document with at least 3 professional references and contact info.
## Important Message
1) All employees serve as a representative of the University and are expected to display respect, civility, professional courtesy, consideration of others and discretion in all interactions with members of the UT Dallas community and the general public.
2) UT Dallas does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its programs and activities, including in admission and enrollment. For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the Director of Institutional Equity at InstitutionalEquity@utdallas.edu or the Title IX Coordinator at TitleIXCoordinator@utdallas.edu, or call 972-883-5331.
*Posting Number:* S02534P
*Position Title:* Director of Development and Strategic Planning