Part Time Reference Librarian
University of St. Thomas Houston, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
The University of St. Thomas (www.stthom.edu), a private Catholic university committed to the liberal arts and to the religious and intellectual tradition of Catholic higher education, is seeking a Part-Time Reference Librarian.
The part-time reference librarian is responsible to provide reference services to our patrons during the weekends.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide research help at reference desk for the University of St. Thomas scholarly community.
- Provide telephone and online reference service including e-mail, text messaging and chat.
- Assist with special reference projects such as creating specialized bibliographies, checklists, holdings lists, etc.
- Offer advice and consultation to other reference librarians in the development and evaluation of the Doherty reference collection.
- Other duties/responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- There is no supervision of staff; one exception may be an occasional need to supervise a reference department student assistant.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- ALA accredited MLS degree required.
- Commitment to public service.
- Experience as a reference librarian: reference desk, bibliographic instruction, user guides, preferably at a college/university library.
- Experience with using online systems.
- Effective communication and organizational skills are required.
Hourly staff position. Weekend hours. This position is primarily scheduled for Sunday evenings. Some bending, lifting, stooping required in an office environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by individuals in this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and qualifications required of individuals in this job classification. All job classifications may have miscellaneous job duties assigned on an as needed basis. Management, at the appropriate level, retains the right to assign and change the duties of any position at any time.
To apply, please submit a cover letter with salary requirements and a resume to the email below. Please note incomplete applications will not be considered.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
University of St. Thomas
GovernmentView all jobs at University of St. Thomas