Nursing Faculty - Women's Health, Pediatrics or Adult Health Nursing - BSN Track
University of St. Thomas Houston, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
University of St. Thomas
Nursing Faculty Women's Health, Pediatrics or Adult Health Nursing
The University of St. Thomas (www.stthom.edu), a private Catholic university, located in Houston, Texas, committed to the liberal arts and to the religious and intellectual tradition of Catholic higher education, is seeking experienced clinical faculty for the Peavy School of Nursing (PSON).
The School of Nursing is seeking full time (12 month contract) seasoned nursing faculty members with substantial clinical expertise in Women's Health, Pediatrics, Adult Health, Critical Care and Behavioral Health Nursing to teach primarily in the traditional Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) track. The School is committed to a nursing philosophy and curriculum framework centered on healing and holistic care. This position reports to the Associate Dean for Undergraduate Studies, ABSN Program Director.
1. Develop, implement and evaluate curriculum in collaboration with nursing faculty, practice partners and students based on School of Nursing standards for curriculum, teaching methodology and outcome evaluation
2. Assure curricular integration of PSON philosophy and framework.
3. Provide classroom, virtual and onsite simulation lab as well as clinical instruction in healthcare settings.
4. Participate in student advising and coaching.
5. Participate in creating the conditions and relationships that support PSON development as a holistic learning community by performing functions in a manner that is consistent with the Performance Expectations for a Collaborative Organization policy.
6. Articulate the PSON holistic philosophy and healing framework to the school's communities of interest.
7. Engage in innovative teaching/learning practices that support achievement of student outcomes.
8. Collaborate on planning across the curriculum to assure continuity and coherence of student development.
9. Evaluate student-learning outcomes relative to content knowledge, clinical performance and professional formation.
10. Assist with PSON Comprehensive Evaluation Plan implementation relative to undergraduate student and program outcomes with a focus on continuous improvement.
11. Participate in PSON governance as a member of the Faculty Council.
The successful candidate will have an MSN degree, with PhD or DNP degree preferred, and a minimum of 3 years of BSN program teaching experience, with experience in online teaching and clinical simulation preferred, reflecting commitment to best practices in nursing education, or any equivalent combination of work and teaching experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities required of the position. The capacity to engage students from diverse academic, socioeconomic, and cultural backgrounds in the learning process is an important attribute of the successful nursing faculty member. Current licensure as RN in the state of Texas, or eligibility for licensure is required. These are non-tenure track positions. Academic rank will be offered commensurate with education and experience. PSON faculty work on 12-month contracts, teaching in fall, spring and summer semesters. Fluency in both English and Spanish will be considered a plus. Some evening and weekend assignments may be required.
Interested candidates must provide the following:
A comprehensive resume and cover letter
Evidence of a commitment to teaching excellence
A statement to the integration of a liberal arts education into the professional education of nurses.
A statement demonstrating willingness to support the tenets of Catholic higher education as articulated in Ex Corde Ecclesiae https://www.stthom.edu/Public/getFile.asp?File_Content_ID=124105 .
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a commitment to a holistic nursing philosophy/framework
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the capacity to work collaboratively as part of an engaged teaching team with nursing faculty, colleagues from other disciplines and clinical partners.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Posted by ApplicantPro