Dedicated to the oversight of Keck Medicine of USC's training and development efforts. Responsible for the management, development and coordination of comprehensive and centralized general training programs for Keck Medicine of USC. Will work across departments and areas with internal stakeholders to design and facilitate a broad variety of training programs. This position will serve as the health system's leader in centralizing training and development efforts to ensure coherence and collaboration in training efforts. Possesses the flexibility to manage difficult situations and interact with all levels of staff, including executive leadership. Will also work with outside consultants and vendors as needed on training program development. Demonstrated ability perform and multitask effectively in a high volume and fast paced environment. Other duties as assigned.Minimum Education:
- Bachelor's degree required.
Minimum 5 years' experience in training and development, instructional design and classroom facilitation Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs.
- Demonstrated time and organizational skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communications and presentation skills.
- Excellent presentation skills to clearly convey complex blends of business and technical matters to a range of audiences, to articulate points clearly and concisely, and to negotiate effectively with diverse stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Experience drafting learning modules in objective language, in addition to creating reference guides and/or best practices articles.
- Strong project management and people management skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage learning professionals to develop a variety of training courseware to meet specific learner and business needs
- Experience liaising with business groups to drive consensus on approach to project activities
- Knowledge of health care a plus
- Demonstrated ability to design and develop a variety of training tools to meet specific learner and business needs
-Experience using a variety of training techniques & tools to facilitate learning including lecture, activity-based learning, and skills practices
-Experience with Learning Management software or other HR Data tracking system a plus
-Fire and Safety Certification upon hire or obtained within 30 days of hire and maintained by renewing before expiration date.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at email@example.com. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Read USC's Clery Act Annual Security Report
Required Legal Notices
Certain positions are subject to background screening
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your browser:https://wd5.myworkday.com/usc/d/inst/1$9925/9925$36077.htmld