The University of San Francisco seeks an energetic and organized individual with outstanding verbal and written communications skills to join the staff of its Information Technology Services (ITS) - Application Services group as Mobile Systems Analyst. This position requires a high degree of self-motivation and excellent analytical skills.
Foremost, you have to care about students and making a difference in their lives. You are passionate, empathetic, and care that your work serves a greater purpose than just profit. You want to make a mark on the world and help push our society to change and grow for the better.
You will act as an agent of change within your team and organization - leading to embrace new methodologies, processes, efficiencies and challenging the status quo. Constantly pushing and asking why even if it's to Senior Executives. You must be a strong communicator and partner, capable of influencing a team.
Full Job Description:
Responsibilities and duties:
- Evaluate requests for new or changed functionality to determine requirements and draft documentation.
- Schedule and organize user focus groups, report on the outcomes and prioritize the story backlog accordingly.
- Translate high level requirements into user stories for the development team; ensuring stories and features are added iteratively to the product to add overall value.
- Work closely with business users and functional experts to develop technical specifications for new features.
- Work with OMC and business units to ensure content is up to date and relevant to our audiences.
- Work with OMC and business units to publish content schedules and reminders.
- Be the primary point of contact for all quality assurance issues regarding the mobile app.
- Report defects and request enhancements from Modo Labs our mobile framework vendor.
- Coordinate, participate and ensure testing of the mobile app (and integrations) is complete before any upgrades or new releases are added to the stores. You will be supported by a small team in the Office of Marketing and Communications (OMC) and Information Technology Services (ITS).
- Configure the app and work with Modo Labs to prepare releases to the app stores.
- Process, review and interpret large bodies of qualitative and quantitative data on customer usage patterns to uncover new product insights.
- Conduct situational and data analysis to identify, understand, and ensure features are aligned with product objectives and delivering the most value to the business.
- Provide kickoff-to-development project management for production of our USFMobile application and its integration with our Salesforce implementation and myUSF website.
- Manage a story backlog to ensure readiness of user stories for the upcoming sprint.
- Facilitate efficient communication between all project stakeholders, including product, development, the Office of Marketing and Communications (OMC), and all users of USFMobile.
- Create acceptance criteria that are clear, concise and actionable.
- Schedule, organize, task, and report on project progress.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining the application roadmap.
- Conduct business process analyses with business users and document existing and new functionality to support the business processes.
- Analyze existing operational procedures - identifying opportunities for new efficiencies and improved user training.
- Facilitate the design and specification of new work flow processes.
- Develop use cases and test plans for new features, and system upgrades.
- Develop communication plans related to the launch of new app functionalities.
- Work with business users to develop report specifications and effectively translate them into business intelligence reports and dashboards.
- Keep up to date with industry trends and solutions in Higher Education.
- Monitor app reviews and work closely with the team to triage issues.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
- Deep knowledge of app design, mobile experience, and UI conventions across both iOS and Android
- 4+ years Business Analyst/Product Management experience working with mobile technologies.
- Demonstrated experience in creating detailed documentation for complex projects.
- Ability to work with technical teams and non-technical stakeholders.
- Good working knowledge in all areas of business analysis including the documenting requirements, wireframing, quality assurance, and data analysis.
- Ability to understand the business vision and priorities in order to help prioritize and scope work for the development team.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Strong technical writing skills related to technical specifications and service documentation.
- Ability to work collaboratively across technical and business-oriented teams.
- Ability to effectively facilitate meetings with diverse business and technical constituent groups.
- Experience working in higher education in either a business or technical capacity.
- Experience in an environment using an AGILE/Scrum methodology is a plus.
- Experience working with Modo Labs mobile app framework.
- Posted Yesterday
- Full time
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full time
Pay Rate: Salary