Reporting to the Executive Director, the Confidential Office Assistant V: Direct Marketing Assistant is an
integral member of the Fromm Institute team. Under the direction of the Executive
Director of the Fromm Institute, the Direct Marketing Assistant will implement and manage
the creation and production of grants and mass appeals to members and friends of the Fromm
Institute in addition to foundations and grant institutions.
Full Job Description:
The Direct Marketing Assistant will write grants and develop fundraising appeals with a consistent look and messaging across various channels (direct mail, email, social media, web, etc.) focused on increasing annual financial support, donor retention, acquisition, and participation.
***Essential Job Responsibilities:***
- Work with the Fromm Institute Administrative Team to build a comprehensive solicitation calendar including mail, email, and social media appeals for the Fromm Institute's approximately 5,000 solicitable constituents.
- Work with the Fromm Institute Administrative Team to determine thematic messaging and segmentation strategies.
- Write text and manage internal and external production of grants and annual fund appeals working with outside vendors and colleagues as appropriate.
- Assist in identifying and producing metrics to evaluate digital communications, segmentation performance, and annual giving program productivity.
- Facilitate and process mail merges of various levels of size and personalization.
- Analyze and evaluate appeals, grants, and communications calendar and recommend and implement enhancements and changes to help meet growth goals in dollars and donors.
- Provide support for special campaigns and program advertising with a focus on social media and emerging technologies.
- Collaborate with coworkers to ensure that messaging aligns.
- Through proactive research, remain current on innovations and trends in grant writing, online, email and direct mail fundraising, and work with the Fromm Institute Administrative Team to incorporate into development strategies.
- Work with the Friends of the Fromm Institute Board of Directors on special projects.
- Assist in daily setup and delivery of Fromm Institute program and classes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Post high school education preferred.
- Prior experience in communications and marketing (annual fund or fundraising background preferred).
- Persuasive writing skills.
- Demonstrated organizational and analytical skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work independently and within a team environment with experience in working successfully to achieve common goals through cooperation, collaboration and the sharing of information.
- Experience working with email content management systems and constituent databases preferred.
- Basic understanding of graphic design and photo editing software.
- Understanding and appreciation of USF's Jesuit identity and mission.
- Posted 2 Days Ago
- Full time
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full time
Pay Rate: Hourly