Graduate Assistant - Human Resources
- Expired: April 06, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
The University of Saint Mary is a Roman Catholic, liberal arts university located in Leavenworth, Kansas, just 25 minutes away from Kansas City. For over 90 years, the University of Saint Mary has helped students find their way to meaningful lives and careers through an education that blends the liberal arts and a focus on critical thinking with the development of key professional skills. USM serves about 1,400 students at its main campus in Leavenworth, its satellite location in Overland Park, as well as online.
The Graduate Assistant - Human Resources provides quality and friendly human resources support for the university.
- Provides friendly, quality, accurate, and timely customer service for the department
- Serves as initial contact for callers and visitors to the Human Resources department, referring individuals, if necessary
- Coordinates office activities, greets customers, communicates with various departments within the University
- Maintains Human Resources calendar
- Coordinates student employment
- Assists with onboarding and orientation process
- Assists with employee COVID administrative tasks, paperwork, and data
- Maintains data, creates spreadsheets and reports, collects metrics, completes data requests
- Assists with employee benefits paperwork
- Assists with employee training
- Assists with annual Performance Review process
- Maintains and organizes human resources files
- Reproduces HR documents, as needed, to support Human Resources operations
- Coordinates tuition remission process
- Assists with maintaining human resources intranet page and ADP Workforce Now information pages
- Assists with various research projects and/or special projects
- Collects and distributes mail, delivers interdepartmental paperwork
- Orders office supplies
- Processes invoices for the department and maintains a system for recording expenses
- Assists with compliance in regulatory postings
- Audits paperwork and processes
- Assists with the office organization and cleanliness
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School Degree or equivalent required
- Bachelor's degree required
- Proficient in MS Office
- Proficient internet and social media skills
- Effective analytical, problem solving skills
- Proven success with prioritizing projects/tasks
- Strong verbal, written, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to work discreetly with sensitive and confidential information
- Affinity with the overall mission of the University of Saint Mary
Submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for at least three current professional references.
Saint Mary is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
University of Saint Mary
BusinessView all jobs at University of Saint Mary
Get fresh Saint Mary jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.