System Administrator and Functional Analyst
University of Rhode Island Budget Office Kingston, RI
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical
Posting Number: SF01048
Job Title: System Administrator and Functional Analyst
Position Number: 109171
Position Type: Professional Staff
Union: Non-Union Non-Classified
Staff Pay Grade: Level 15
Pay Grade Range: Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Status: Calendar Year, Full-time, Permanent
Department: Budget and Financial Planning
Contact(s) Please note: Job applications must be submitted directly online only at: (https://jobs.uri.edu)
Campus Location: Kingston
Grant Funded: No
Job Description Summary
The search will remain open until the position has been filled.
Oversee all aspects of the administration of the University’s budget system, Oracle Planning Budgeting Cloud Service (PBCS) including the responsibilities associated with Identity Domain Administrator and Planning Service Administrator. Responsible for administration and maintenance related to security for all users. Serve as point of contact with the vendor (Oracle).
Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assume the role of Oracle PBCS (Planning Budgeting Cloud Service) Identity Domain Administrator and Planning Service Administrator in both the test and production environments.
Responsible for the administration and maintenance of PBCS Security for all users, including user roles and dimension security.
Serve as the point of contact for University PBCS users when production issues are encountered working with the user to clearly define the issue. Perform data analysis and independent research necessary to resolve the issue internally or with the vendor (Oracle) in a timely manner.
Serve as the point of contact for the vendor (Oracle). Monitor and review all Oracle communications and take necessary action. Responsible for logging and managing Oracle Service Requests, taking necessary action to support timely closure of all Service Requests.
Perform testing for PBCS production issues, monthly updates, upgrades, functionality enhancements and new implementation. Conduct user acceptance testing for functionality enhancements as required.
Responsible for meeting with users on a regular basis to understand and assist with any business or system issues within PBCS. Help in developing system enhancements or modifications to meet business needs.
Conduct PBCS training for new users in the Budget and Financial Planning Office and other departmental business offices. Train existing users on new functionality. Assist with developing, updating, and maintaining system documentation and training material for all users.
Responsible for integrations and validations from source system (PeopleSoft).
Perform, monitor, and maintain all data load processes in PBCS. Perform data validations to ensure financial and personnel data loaded in PBCS tie back to PeopleSoft. Monitor and resolve any data load errors.
Perform, monitor, and maintain all PBCS data extract processes. Responsible for the process of extracting budget data from PBCS and the process to load budget data from PBCS to PeopleSoft Financials.
Perform data validation to ensure budget data loaded to PeopleSoft Financials ties back to PBCS.
Perform metadata and tree/hierarchy updates on an on-going basis in PBCS, PeopleSoft Financials and PeopleSoft HCM.
Maintain data mapping tables in PBCS. Perform data validations to ensure data is mapping properly in PBCS.
Prepare PBCS for all budget cycles, monthly actuals, and year end actuals, including setting up scenarios, versions, performing data copies, and updating substitution variables.
Maintain and update existing business rules, calculation scripts, web forms and smart forms in PBCS. Create new PBCS web forms, business rules, calculation scripts and smart forms as needed.
Maintain and update existing financial and position reports in Financial Reporting Studio. Develop and maintain new financial and personnel reports as needed in Financial Reporting Studio. Monitor the automated daily backup of PBCS and restore the system from a backup if needed.
Assist the Budget and Financial Planning Office with completing all budget cycles, performing ad hoc and routine financial tasks.
Participate on various University committees and provide related technical and analytical support.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform additional duties as required, including the duties of other staff positions in the office.
LICENSES, TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
Personal computers and printers; mainframes; word processing, database management and spreadsheet software; calculators; Hyperion Planning / Oracle PBCS; Smartview; Enterprise Resource planning systems; Financial Reporting Studio. Excel.
1. Bachelor’s degree.
2. Minimum of two years of Oracle, Hyperion Planning and/or PBCS experience with production support and ongoing maintenance (on premise or Cloud versions).
3. Demonstrated experience with PeopleSoft Financials and HCM or similar ERP.
4. Demonstrated experience with Smartview or similar tool.
5. Demonstrated experience creating and maintaining financial reports in Financial Reporting Studio or similar application tool.
6. Demonstrated ability to analyze needs and determine appropriate technical solutions to solve business needs while meeting University objectives of Budgeting and Financial management.
7. Demonstrated ability to work independently and in teams.
8. Demonstrated strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
9. Demonstrated proficiency in written communication skills.
10. Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues within database integration/source systems.
11. Demonstrated ability to be detailed-oriented.
12. Demonstrated ability to ensure data accuracy while working with large amounts of data.
13. Demonstrated advanced experience in Excel.
14. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fastpaced environment.
15. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations.
1. Bachelor’s degree in disciplines related to Business Management, Information Technology or Financial Administration.
2. Demonstrated experience with query or SQL programming.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of best practices for related business processes.
4. Demonstrated understanding of fundamental financial concepts, budgeting and planning cycles, and reporting requirements of a higher education institution (or similar entity).
5. Demonstrated understanding of Business Intelligence concepts.
6. Demonstrated experience setting up, opening and closing business processes (e.g. setting up a new fiscal year) in Hyperion Planning and/or PBCS.
7. Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Budget Systems other than PBCS.
8. Demonstrated participation on an ERP or Cloud Implementation Team.
9. Demonstrated ability to provide clear and concise reports on a timely basis.
10. Demonstrated ability to be flexible.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.
Environmental Conditions: The incumbent is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Posting Date 04/30/2021 Special Instructions to Applicants Please attach the following 3 (PDF) documents to your online Employment Application: (#1) Cover letter. (#2) Resume. (#3) Other – References – names and contact information of three professional references.
Quicklink for Posting https://jobs.uri.edu/postings/7984
Applicant Documents Required Documents: 1. Cover Letter/Letter of Application 2. Resume 3. Other - References
The University of Rhode Island is the State’s public learner-centered research university. We are a community joined in a common quest for knowledge. The University is committed to enriching the lives of its students through its land, sea, and urban grant traditions. URI is the only public institution in Rhode Island offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional students the distinctive educational opportunities of a major research university.
Our undergraduate, graduate, and professional education, research, and outreach serve Rhode Island and beyond. Students, faculty, staff, and alumni are united in one common purpose: to learn and lead together. Embracing Rhode Island’s heritage of independent thought, we value:
• Creativity and Scholarship
• Diversity, Fairness, and Respect
• Engaged Learning and Civic Involvement
• Intellectual and Ethical Leadership
University of Rhode Island Budget OfficeWhy Work Here?
The University of Rhode Island is a diverse and dynamic community whose members are connected by a common quest for knowledge.
URI Mission Statement The University of Rhode Island is the State’s public learner-centered research university. We are a community joined in a common quest for knowledge. The University is committed to enriching the lives of its students through its land, sea, and urban grant traditions. URI is the only public institution in Rhode Island offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional students the distinctive educational opportunities of a major research university. Our undergraduate, graduate, and professional education, research, and outreach serve Rhode Island and beyond. Students, faculty, staff, and alumni are united in one common purpose: to learn and lead together. Embracing Rhode Island’s heritage of independent thought, we value: • Creativity and Scholarship • Diversity, Fairness, and Respect • Engaged Learning and Civic Involvement • Intellectual and Ethical Leadership
TechnologyView all jobs at University of Rhode Island Budget Office