The University of North Texas at Dallas invites applications for the position of Marketing Communications Specialist .
The University - the first four-year public institution of higher education in the city - seeks an individual who will help shape the character of a 21st century, teaching-focused university. Candidates should be able to express enthusiastic support for the mission of the university to transform the lives of students, families and communities by providing high-quality, student-focused education in preparation for tomorrow's careers, and its vision to create the place of choice where students are inspired to learn, faculty are inspired to teach and the community is inspired to support. For more information about the university, go to: http://untdallas.edu/
This is professional work controlling the integration of the University of North Texas at Dallas brand, using integrated marketing communications skills and leveraging all traditional and non-traditional media. Work includes photography and videography, as well as helping to develop strategic marketing plans for growing image awareness; enhancing UNT Dallas' brand experience; collaborating with internal stakeholders to further extend UNTD's graphic brand imagery and messaging; establishing brand institutional image learning opportunities and measurements for improvement; and institutionalizing our brand ideal with UNTD's internal and external audiences. This person should be highly collaborative and be able to communicate effectively and be able to represent and explain the brand ideal. The employee in this class receives direct supervision from the Associate Vice President for Marketing & Communications. This person also collaborates with peers and others individually and on teams as needed.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Shoots and edits still photos and videos.
- Develops content and content strategy for social media outlets.
- Helps develop a comprehensive image awareness and enhancement plan.
- Uses integrated marketing communications principles and seeks new opportunities to reach target audience.
- Identifies new target markets based on research analysis in collaboration with supervisor and others as assigned.
- Collaborates with other UNT Dallas Team Leaders and Marketing & Communications leadership to lead or serve on a team as needed.
- Understands and incorporates market research into all print or online materials produced.
- Observes and enforces appropriate safety and security measures for work performed and work supervised.
The successful candidate will possess a Two years of professional experience in marketing communications, branding and/or photography/videography and a bachelor's degree in marketing, journalism, communications, or related field; or any equivalent combination of experience, education and training that provides the following knowledge, skill and abilities.
- A thorough understanding of market segmentation, principles of marketing, integrated marketing communications principles and branding.
- Ability to develop and apply strategic planning principles to various university activities, publications and video productions.
- Ability to identify new integrated marketing opportunities.
- Excellent communication/presentation skills.
- Ability to understand and effectively translate market research and other data.
- Ability to visually inspect print and online documents and photography/videography.
- Experience in leading the creative development process in various media formats.
- Skill in the use of Microsoft Word processing software packages.
- Ability to effectively work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships.
- Knowledge of safety and security precautions related to work performed.
- Experience in higher education not required.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- Experience developing other brands is preferable.
- Proficiency in Spanish preferred.
Work is primarily sedentary. Sits comfortably to do the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, or lifting items weighing up to 15 pounds.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Requisition Number: STA - 201000000805
Job Title: Marketing Communications Specialist
Driving University Vehicle?: No
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8 A.m. - 5 P.m.
Substitution of Experience/Education: Yes