The University of New Mexico’s (UNM) Planning, Design & Construction (PDC) seeks a Senior Construction Project Manager to join our vibrant, committed team of professionals who support the built environment at UNM. The Senior Construction Project Manager will manage all aspects and lead to the execution of multiple UNM capital improvement projects.
UNM PDC provides seamless delivery of professional support services to internal clients using best practices in capital project planning, development, and construction.
Duties of the Senior Construction Project Manager will include, but are not limited to:
- Managing all aspects of assigned University capital improvement projects, from project programming through occupancy;
- Leading the execution of multiple capital projects: ensuring goals are met on time and within budget, working either independently or as a project team member;
- Performing cost and schedule management and assessing project risk;
- Managing project management personnel;
- Implementing systems, procedures and policies that support optimum staff performance in the department
The ideal candidate will have work experience demonstrating the following:
- Excellent leadership skills, project and personnel management in addition to their own capital projects
- Excellent communication with internal and external stakeholders, clients and consultants
- A high level of expertise in cost and schedule management
UNM employees enjoy a great benefits package, including: 4 weeks of vacation, paid holidays, sick leave, retirement benefits, tuition remission benefits for yourself and additional education benefits to spouses or domestic partners, and dependent children of eligible employees and retirees.
- High school diploma or GED; at least 9 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as architecture, engineering, construction management, or management;
- Strong supervisory experience and skills;
- Exceptional critical / generative thinking skills; ability to problem-solve independently;
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills operating at a high level of integrity;
- Experience with multiple project delivery systems;
- Knowledge of and experience working with New Mexico Procurement Code;
- Experience working with senior executive administration and executive clients.