The University of New Mexico Bookstores is seeking an energetic and ambitious individual for a temporary position of Coordinator of Inventory Control for multiple retail departments. The Coordinator position oversees the day-to-day operations for the departments, which include Technology and Supplies primarily, though duties may cover other departments including Gift, Clothing and Trade Books.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following: store inventory acquisition, including design or selection of incoming product and maintaining all ordering records, overseeing daily retail floor customer service, developing and executing sales floor merchandising plans, training and supervision of a team of 6 to 12 part time student employees, database and file maintenance, and coordination of sales and marketing events in store, online, and across campus.
This position is responsible for working directly with Apple products and team members, ensuring that the Technology Department is in compliance with all Apple Authorized Campus Store policies and procedures. This position is also responsible for working with UNM departments and administration in the procurement, processing, and documentation of all institutional purchases placed through the Bookstore, including technology requisitions. The position will require the ability to work collaboratively and build partnerships with campus and vendor business partners.
Some evening and weekend shifts may be required.
High school diploma or GED; at least 5 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
Please address each of the preferred qualifications in your required cover letter.
· Prior retail computer sales and college store retail experience
· Apple Computer Sales training
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Experience with Apple sales and service systems, processes, and procedures
· 1-3 years of experience in a technology-based sales environment
· Ability to perform under pressure and manage difficult situations while maintaining professionalism
· Experience performing customer service within a retail environment
· Experience managing inventory within a retail environment, including open-to-buy, cycle counts, inventory reconciliations, and the use of inventory control system software
· Experience merchandising a sales floor, including developing merchandising plans and associated marketing pieces
· 1-3 years of supervisory experience
University of New Mexico
Why Work Here?For firsthand information on why UNM is a great place to work and learn, visit UNM Proud to hear directly from University employees, faculty, students, and alumni. In addition to all the University has to offer, you have the added benefit of living in New Mexico, a land rich with art, history, culture, and outdoor activities, all with a very affordable cost of living. For more about life in New Mexico, visit NewMexicoTrue. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
UNM is a place where innovation and discovery live side by side with culture and adventure. Visit https://hr.unm.edu/unm-life to learn more.