Project ECHO seeks a strategic leader for the role of Director of Outreach & Communications to plan, coordinate, and oversee the ECHO Institute’s communications efforts with respect to media relations, public information, public affairs, and associated publications. The successful candidate will possess content expertise in new and traditional media communication strategies and demonstrated work experience at a senior level with a proven track record of success at designing, implementing, and evaluating communications programs.
This role is crucial to the ECHO Institute’s strategic goal to reach one (1) billion people by 2025. To do so will require raising significant support and expansion of current operations in the U.S. and internationally. An essential part of accomplishing our goal is the execution of a robust and active communications strategy. The immediate focus of this role will be targeted communication to the philanthropy community in support of fundraising.
Duties & responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Planning, coordinating, and overseeing the unit’s public affairs and overseeing communications efforts, to include public relations, community outreach, and internal publications and communications, as appropriate
- Implementing project strategies and coordinating with various stakeholders to ensure strategies are reflected in the communication programs and initiatives to build support for Project ECHO among key national and global audiences, including governments, health care, education, and academia.
- Working collaboratively with UNM’s Health Science Center Communications Office, the University Communication & Marketing department and other appropriate individuals and groups.
- Leading strategic branding efforts for the ECHO Institute and coordination of common messaging internally and externally with partners
Project ECHO (Extension for Community Healthcare Outcomes) is committed to exponentially increasing capacity to safely and effectively treat chronic common and complex diseases in rural and underserved areas. Project ECHO's vision is to touch the lives of one (1) billion people by 2025 and we are looking for highly mission-driven high performers to join our team and achieve this goal.
- Bachelor's degree; at least 5 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in marketing, public relations, or related field preferred.
- Must have at least 5-7 years of experience in marketing, marketing communications, or public relations.
- Experience owning a PR strategy from concept to execution (in-house PR strategy, PR firm account leadership, or similar) and demonstrated ROI.
- Extraordinary writing ability, with demonstrated creativity and attention to detail in writing and editing for a variety of audiences via numerous marketing platforms.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
This is a benefits-eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs.
Come join Project ECHO and the University of New Mexico!