*Please note, this position is not eligible for H-1B or Green Card sponsorship.
Apply today for an opportunity that offers exposure to a broad technology landscape, diverse customer base, and engaging work! The Office of Information Technology at the University offers a collaborative and inclusive environment, opportunities for professional development, a focus on the University’s mission, and many excellent benefits.
The Desktop Support Professional supports University-managed computers, software and peripherals for faculty, staff, students and classrooms. This position serves as a resource within a matrix organization and will be assigned to a variety of service teams to provide professional level IT analysis and consultation. Our ideal candidate is team oriented with excellent customer service skills and high enthusiasm for taking on technical challenges. Personal investment in the work, creating strong professional relationships, and a desire to promote a respectful, inclusive and collaborative climate are critical for success in this position.
- MN State Retirement System (MSRS) pension plan - tax deferred.
- 13 paid vacation days per year (starting accrual rate), in addition to 13 paid sick days and 11 paid holidays.
- Reduced tuition opportunities covering 75% - 100% of eligible tuition.
- Excellent and affordable health care benefits.
- Wellness program with opportunity to earn lower health care rates.
- Annual merit increase program.
- Using technical expertise, along with support tools such as Service Now and Bomgar, troubleshoot escalated end user technology issues including non-routine or complex problems. Provide support via phone, chat, email, face-to-face, and using remote tools as needed.
- Exercise strong decision making skills and appropriate discretion related to severity and prioritization of incidents.
- Define needs through end-user consultation and improve IT usage for all customer units.
- Present challenges to the immediate work group, including opportunities to improve workflow for a better customer experience.
- Use enterprise tools to manage, maintain, and deliver end-user computing devices, software and peripherals.
- Evaluate and share effective desktop support processes with the larger University community.
- Accurately track and report effort spent on assigned services.
- Research and participate in relevant training opportunities and utilize resources to stay current on workstation support technologies and industry development.
Required Qualifications (must be documented on resume):
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field OR a bachelor’s degree in an unrelated field and 1 year of relevant experience OR a combination of education and relevant work experience to equal four years.
- Customer service experience.
- Exposure to and interest in technology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Action-oriented with an ability to adapt based on a dynamic environment.
Preferred Qualifications (please document on resume, if applicable):
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting a variety of computing devices and applications, which could include, but are not limited to: iOS, Windows, and mobile devices.
- Active participant in team engagement.