Informatics Training Project Manager
Renowned as the academic flagship of the University of Maryland Medical System, our Magnet®-designated facility is a nationally recognized, academic medical center with opportunities across the continuum of care. Come join UMMC and discover the atmosphere where talents and ideas come together to enhance patient care and advance the science of nursing. Located in downtown Baltimore near the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards, you won’t find a more vibrant place to work!Job Description
Under general supervision manages small to medium projects or specific aspects of larger projects for clinical or business applications in the healthcare environment. Includes organizing and managing teams, developing project plans and schedules, managing issues, risks, costs, managing to schedule and scope and communicating at all levels of the organization.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
- Responsible for leading small to medium sized projects, develops timelines and check progress. Creates and plans activities, organizes and manages project team. Deploys and organizes resources, develops project plan and schedules. Manages issues, provides guidance and support to project team members to achieve project outcomes.
- Works with Project or Program Managers on larger scale projects, provides support with timelines, project plans, and meeting scheduled deadlines, leads specific aspects of larger projects.
- Delivers outcomes against approved estimates. Discusses ideas, identify issues and gain commitment on recommendations. Understands and articulates the project's business value and associated metrics.
- Determines commonalities/differences within the team members’ goals, values and problem-solving styles to get an understanding on how to generate multiple alternatives in leading group to achieve a result.
- Provides assistance and recommendations with quality assurance tools and processes. Seek an understanding of project interdependencies in order to effectively work with others on potential impacts.
- Identifies issues, monitors small to medium sized projects and measure risk factors. Provides assistances with larger scale projects. Ensure quality control of process and deliverables..
- Assist in the translation of business requirements into practical IT solutions that can be implemented. Provides technical guidance, suggestions and expertise to the project team.
- Build effective networks of internal and external subject matter expert contacts including managers.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in healthcare, business administration or related field from which comparable knowledge and abilities have been acquired.
- Three years of project coordination experience in service environment is required. Experience in a healthcare, hospital, informatics or information technology related field is preferred.
- Working towards specialized certification preferred e.g. Change Management, Process Improvement, Project Management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to manage small scale project teams. Ability to set up, plan, manage, report and communicate small projects and direct the completion of projects within proper scope, budget and schedule.
- Demonstrate ability to think strategically. Demonstrate sufficient understanding of some functions to structure and manage project work. Generate innovative and practical solutions to complex or unusual problems.
- Support client relationship management and oversees IT project execution and reporting. Possesses excellent customer service skills.
- Act as lead resource for dealing with project issues, ability to lead projects. Understands appropriate escalation process. Work with the team to make decisions considering the degree of impact on areas involved. Demonstrated ability to reach agreement and potential solutions through flexibility and compromise with peers, customer/client, and managers.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers and related peripheral equipment is required. Familiarity with Microsoft Office products and Microsoft Project is preferred.
- Structure and manage projects to meet client expectations, deliver value and minimize potential obstacles and risks. Understand and manage stakeholder needs and build commitment to project solutions that deliver target business value.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills are necessary in order to work with all levels within the organization, and produce clear and concise reports of relatively complicated issues.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
University of Maryland Medical SystemLinthicum Heights, MD
TechnologyView All University of Maryland Medical System Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.