Epic ClinDoc Ancillary Principal Trainer, Hybrid
Under general administrative direction, the Clinical Informatics Training & Development Educator is accountable for the development of the training program, curriculum and environments for the EHR application for which the Educator is assigned. The Clinical Informatics Training & Development Educator is accountable for the delivery of value-added health care informatics and training programs that support the strategic plan of the organization and achieve clinical, financial and service quality objectives. In collaboration with Informatics and UMMS partners, the Clinical Informatics Training & Development Educator manages communication and coordination of training curriculum changes and system updates to meet organizational objectives. This role is accountable for the quality of informatics training services delivered, coordination with IS&T application teams, coordination across system hospitals, and contributing to the design and maintenance of systems to support multidisciplinary team functioning and continuity of services within the Medical System. The Clinical Informatics Training & Development Specialist also manages training projects for clinical or business applications in the healthcare environment.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary team members to assess, redesign and continually improve effectiveness and productivity of clinical and business programs.
- Anticipates and identifies complex clinical and business processes and informatics issues, monitors and measures the risk factors. Communicates risk factors to informatics leadership and stakeholders. Manages projects to ensure the implementation of continuous quality control of process and deliverables.
- Builds effective networks, across the Medical System, of internal and external subject matter experts.
- Meets with stakeholders across the Medical System to review workflow issues, provide solutions, and to gain commitment on recommendations.
- Guides multidisciplinary groups toward solutions. Provides system level leadership to champion organization changes from inception to culmination.
- Identifies barriers to change and accepts and manages ambiguity/complexity.
- Plans, organizes and conducts or directs technical training programs inclusive of all applicable roles. Conducts needs assessments and identifies training needs based on stakeholder feedback, industry knowledge and EHR product development. Obtains stakeholder feedback and integrates into service design to support technical training solutions to clinical and business processes. Selects and develops appropriate training materials to support technical solutions.
- Educates and coaches stakeholders in effective process analysis and improvement techniques and in using data to assess and improve unit performance.
- Participates as a member of various project workgroups, attends meetings as required.
- Participates in multiple aspects of electronic health record development and implementation. Participates in training development and delivery, go-live and elbow support, testing activities, reporting, business and clinical needs prioritization for the electronic health record.
- Effectively uses, interprets, applies and communicates data and information from multiple sources. These data sources include financial reports, clinical and service quality data, human resource data and information from the external market. Effectively interprets changes in key performance indicators and collaborates with stakeholders to effect workflow changes at the member organization and service line level.
- Facilitates key stakeholder discussion and response to issues impacting clinical practice, care delivery, and business and revenue cycle.
- Supports innovation in clinical practice, care delivery systems, and healthcare business operations by staying current with innovations through literature and continuing education in healthcare informatics, care delivery and training. Disseminates and incorporates research findings into informatics and EHR efforts.
- Interprets organizational goals and objectives to Medical System stakeholders. Evaluates training and educational programs to measure the success of course objectives and/or program effectiveness. Maintains records and tracking tools. Communicates effectiveness to organizational and service line stakeholders.
- Provide pertinent feedback to informatics leadership around departmental resource management as it relates to Epic application usage and support.
- Master EHR application and organizational workflows
- Develop, lead and execute local hospital Credentialed Trainer, Super User and End User training programs. Act as a training resource for UMMS and local hospital stakeholders. Build, test, and maintain training environments for EHR applications.
- Contribute to updates to organizational or Medical System policy and procedures related to training.
- Serves as Informatics resource for UMMS preceptorship programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Renowned as the academic flagship of the University of Maryland Medical System, our Magnet-designated facility is a nationally recognized, academic medical center with opportunities across the continuum of care. Come join UMMC and discover the atmosphere where talents and ideas come together to enhance patient care and advance the science of nursing. Located in downtown Baltimore near the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards, you won't find a more vibrant place to work!
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or other applicable field required. Master's degree in nursing, other clinical specialty, education, business, informatics or related field preferred.
- Where applicable for Clinical Roles, clinical licensure in the State of Maryland, or eligibility for licensure due to Compact state agreements is required.
- 3 years of clinical or direct health service industry experience required. Five years preferred.
- Informatics or Training Industry Certification preferred.
- Achieves and maintains applicable Epic or EHR application certification status within 6 months of hire to position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated success in developing and delivering educational programs across hospital or Medical Systems.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills. Must be able to present material clearly and with confidence.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Sharepoint preferred.
- Ability to handle frequent change and adapt to diverse environments.
- Demonstrated highly effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with stakeholders at across different functions and levels within an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically, develop conceptual designs for clinical and business services, and to plan and organize successful projects.
- Proficiency in eLearning design preferred.
- Ensures patient safety in the performance of job functions and through participation in department, hospital and Medical System patient safety and regulatory initiatives.
- Takes action to correct observed risks to patient safety.
- Reports adverse events and near misses to appropriate management authority.
- Identifies possible risks in processes, procedures, devices and communicates the same to those in charge.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
University of Maryland Medical SystemLinthicum Heights, MD
EducationView All University of Maryland Medical System Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.