Application Sys Analyst I
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Renowned as the academic flagship of the University of Maryland Medical System, our Magnet -designated facility is a nationally recognized, academic medical center with opportunities across the continuum of care. Come join UMMC and discover the atmosphere where talents and ideas come together to enhance patient care and advance the science of nursing. Located in downtown Baltimore near the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards, you won’t find a more vibrant place to work!Job Description
I. General Summary:
Under direct supervision gathers and analyzes user needs to develop and modify clinical or business applications in the healthcare environment. Drafts documentation and specifications, performs basic analysis of results, drafts solutions and/or recommendations. Provides assistance with building, configuring, and/or modifying applications using existing application tools.
II. Principal Responsibilities and Tasks:
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
- Performs routine analysis, design support services for assigned applications.
- Responsible for day to day tracking and follow-up on routine issues and questions of daily operations.
- Performs applications analysis and impact analysis of new or different applications, processes or changes, under guidance.
- Provides routine application support and guidance to end users.
- Participates in applications testing. Assist with making recommendations for various development and support initiatives.
- Drafts written documentation of various types; application documentation, functional specifications, training manuals, status reports, etc.
- Provides assistance in project work. Assist in designing for each application assigned, under the control of the change management application and user development request.
- Prepares applications documentation for support staff, as directed.
- Attends and participates in in-service and various educational programs for professional development.
III. Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a health, science, or business field, or an equivalent level of professional experience required. Job function related IT Certification is preferred.
- One year experience in information applications, experience programming or applications analysis or equivalent, such as business analysis, is preferred Experience as a provider, clinician or ancillary services individual with user experience in an applicable system, may be substituted.
- Experience working in a customer service and problem solving environment is preferred.
IV. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and problem solve; and assess customer needs and determine appropriate solutions. Demonstrates ability to identify when to escalate more complex issues.
- Demonstrates ability to participate in the development of technical specifications for assigned applications, and understand problem analysis, hardware/software configurations and application integration.
- Demonstrated ability to application functionality to end users.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective customer service skills and the ability to work with all levels within the organization.
- Ability to participate as a project team member to complete assigned project tasks and responsibilities.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Adheres to applications security and control procedures in accordance with departmental, vendor standards and regulatory bodies.
University of Maryland Medical System
TechnologyView all jobs at University of Maryland Medical System
Get fresh Senior Applications Analyst jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.