- Posted: over a month ago
The Marketing Specialist consults and advises various departments to develop and implement collateral and marketing plans to promote the University of Mary brand. This role is also responsible for planning, implementing, and monitoring the University's social media strategy to increase brand awareness that aligns with university marketing efforts.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Consults faculty and staff to develop and create content for digital and print marketing, including but not limited to posters, flyers, brochures, digital signage, social media platforms, presentations, etc.
- Consults and advises areas of the university such as Athletics, Mission Advancement, Dining Services, etc. to develop marketing plans as needed.
- Coordinates the production and creates content for the university magazine Momentum, monitoring design, photography, writing and proofreading.
- Oversees and monitors the university’s main social media accounts across platforms; develops strategies and content that align with overall marketing objectives and promote engagement, consults and advises departments on best practices.
- Monitors social analytics using Sprout Social and provides reports to the Creative Team supervisor monthly. Monitors competitor presence/perceptions, research new social media trends and platforms, gathers online reviews, and evaluates against university outcomes, etc.
- Work simultaneously on multiple projects with the ability to serves as a leader and/or participant on project teams within the university.
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, English, Public Relations, Graphic Design, Communication, or related academic area is required
- Three years of general marketing experience and/or a minimum of three years digital marketing or communications experience is required.
- Prior experience in customer service, communications, video editing, online marketing, or general marketing is preferred.
- Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
- Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
- Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Public Affairs and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of social media management tools and analytics such as Google Analytics
- Ability and desire to work both independently and collaboratively
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent communication, organizational, and oral and written skills
- Proficiency in social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, LinkedIn
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Powered by JazzHR
University of Mary
BusinessView all jobs at University of Mary