Provides a stimulating and innovative educational experience for Kindergarten through 5th grade students in the University of Houston Charter School.
- Implements an educational program for Kindergarten through 5th grade students in the Charter School that meets Texas Education Agency requirements.
- Devises innovative learning programs for the Charter School based upon the contructivist approach.
- Consults with and reports documented student progress to the Charter School Principal and parents to facilitate the students educational progress.
- Cooperates with UH professors to facilitate research programs associated with the Charter School.
- Supervises assistant teachers.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience. Requires professional licensing, certification or registration directly related to the job, as specified on a job description addendum.