Apply nowJob no:511918
Work type:Staff Full-Time
Location:Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Department:24010100 - LW-ADMINISTRATION
Business Admin Specialist I
- Assists in processing, reviewing, and analyzing transactions for the financial affairs of the College of Law (state and private funding). Responsible for interpreting University of Florida (UF) Finance and Accounting directives and procedures and ensuring compliance by departments. Assembles, researches, verifies, and corrects data necessary to process all expense reimbursements. This includes all expense reimbursements for faculty, staff, students, and visitors of the college. Processes transactions associated with events and other, including assisting with procurement card reconciliations and preparation of expense reports.
- Assembles, researches, verifies, and corrects data necessary to process encumbered and unencumbered payment transactions for the college, either by voucher in Corcentric or purchasing card. Processes purchasing requests for all departments of the college. Serves as the requestor on requisitions processed through myUF Market. Processes all deposits for the college. Ensures compliance with University of Florida rules and regulations and providing training and when necessary.
- Assists with other responsibilities as needed on the Administrative Affairs team, including, for example, assisting with events, reconciling PCards, covering phones and sitting at the welcome desk, collecting documents from new hires, etc.
- Processes human resource transactions in MyUFL, including hires, requests for position updates and reclassifications, terminations, retirement, leave cash outs, additional pay, etc. Supports time and labor processes of the unit. Supports the recruiting process for new hires through job postings, candidate interviews, and strategic recruiting support.
- The College of Law is growing and changing daily. All College of Law community members are expected to perform other duties as assigned in furtherance of our community goals.
High school diploma or equivalent and one year of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Excel (including advanced features, such as Pivot Tables and Vlookups)
- Proficient in MS Word
- Proficient in PeopleSoft
- Proficient in UF's reporting tools
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to think independently
- Ability to use sound judgment
- Ability to understand best business practices
PHYSICAL QUALIFICATIONS: None noted
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS: None noted
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This position is eligible for veteran's preference. If you are claiming veteran's preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See ourVeteran's Preference Pagefor more specific information.
Health Assessment Required:No
Advertised:12 Aug 2019Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close:30 Aug 2019Eastern Daylight Time