Wilderness & Environmental Medicine
Temporary Section Admin Assistant
Provide administrative leadership for the University of Colorado School of Medicine's Section of Wilderness and Environmental Medicine. Serve as Section Registrar. Coordinate management of classes responsible for classroom reservations, services, paperwork distribution/collection, and occasionally helping with on-site logistics. Lead marketing efforts, coordinating Section website, serving as public face of Section, keeping contact lists current, supervising marketing assistants, etc. Develop and maintain strong internal relations within School of Medicine and with external partners and collaborators. Provide office support, maintaining electronic and paper files, supplies, and thank you/student-ordered clothing and gear. Manage equipment including ordering, inventory, and class distribution.
1. Class Management
2. Serve as the registrar for the Section of Wilderness and Environmental Medicine classes, including registration, classroom scheduling, and tracking revenue.
3. Maintain Reg-Fox (or similar) registration pages
4. Communicate with potential and registered students/participants (including parents for Pre-Med classes); sending out class information packets in a timely fashion.
5. Ensure class paperwork is prepared, photocopied, distributed, completed, and collected.
6. Maintain "cloud-based" curriculum files.
7. Continually manage and monitor programevaluations;
8. Order/organize supplies, outdoor equipment, and food.
9. Research and contract services such as facilities, transportation, lodging, etc. while following University and CU Medicine purchasing guidelines.
10. Assist with class logistics
11. Scholarship Program: Leads and coordinates pre-med scholarship program, reviewing hundreds of applications and selecting awardees
1. Coordinate Section website and other social media accounts.
2. Supervise part time marketing assistants.
3. Build marketing campaigns with assistance of marketing group.
4. Serve as the initial contact point for all public inquiries.
5. Create and maintain potential student/participant contact lists.
6. Coordinate general marketing efforts including occasional tabling events
3. Internal/External Relations
1. Liaison with the overall Emergency Medicine Department and School of Medicine, ensuring effective communication, compliance, and relations with Department, SOM, and University systems and regulations.
2. Serve as Section contact with external collaborators including AWLS,RegFox (or other registration systems), 10th Mountain Division Huts, etc.
3. When faculty not available, represent the Section at Department, SOM, or University meetings and/or functions
4. Office Manager
1. Order and inventory thank you gifts and student-ordered clothing and gear.
2. Organize and maintain office files and supplies
5. Website Content/ WordPress
a. Manage the WM section website
b. Add new pages and update course pages when needed
c. Create new program pages
a. Run Accounting Reports for Courses
b. Coordinate accounting and budget reports for WM Section
7. Fellowship Administrator
a. Schedule interviews and liaise with potential fellowship candidates during
interview season (Sept-Nov)
b. Collate candidate CVs and Letters of recommendation
c. Assist in scheduling monthly didactic seminars for wilderness fellows
d. Ad hoc tasks as required
8. Arctic Field Support Administrator 10%
a. Administer inventory, tracking, and shipping of field medical kits
b. Procure medical supplies for Arctic Projects,
including Summit Station in Greenland
9. Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Strong attention to detail.
2. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
3. Ability to establish quick rapport with students, potential participants, and the general public, and strong relationships with a wide variety of co-workers ranging from administrative staff to medical faculty.
4. Interest and experience in marketing, particularly with graphics and social media.
5. Initiative and ability to work with limited supervision.
6. Ability to multi-task, juggling large and varied volume of work.
7. Flexible, able to quickly adjust and to flourish in a rapidly changing work environment.
8. Entrepreneurial experience and/or outlook.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations:http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
1. Bachelor level degree.
2. Marketing experience, particularly with graphics and social media.
3. Experience with computers, the web, and standard office software including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
1. Two or more years of marketing experience
2. Experience working in higher education and/or medical education.
Job: **Professional Support Services*
Organization: **U0001 -- DENVER & ANSCHUTZ MED CAMPUS*
Title: Temporary Section Admin Assistant, Wilderness & Environmental Medicine
Requisition ID: 16883