*University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus*
*Office of Institutional Planning*
*Engineering/Architecture Senior Professional (Space Planner)*
*Position #759661 - Requisition #15954*
***Applications are accepted electronically ONLY atwww.cu.edu/cu-careers***
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The Office of Institutional Planning has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Space Planner position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care.Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
Jobs in this career family manage the physical infrastructure of the University. Functions include planning, architectural design, capital project commissioning, building code compliance, engineering disciplines (electrical, mechanical, civil, etc.), architectural drafting, landscape design, energy conservation and construction project management.
Senior Professionals are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. Work is performed fully independently.
The individual in this position will prepare and complete special projects related to planning, space analysis, research and information gathering. This includes space inventories, test fits, space utilization studies, program and master plan materials, and other graphic components of reports and projects. Working closely with the Principal Institutional Planner, this individual will update and maintain Archibus, a space management system used for both the University of Colorado Denver and the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus. Assist with the intake, cataloguing, tracking and resolution of space request from both campuses. Provides institutional Planning Support to various institutions, affiliates, and governmental entities involved in development and redevelopment of both campuses. Assist with periodic updating of the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus Work Place Space Guidelines and the University of Colorado Denver space guidelines, and ensures that the work performed adheres to these guidelines.
*_Duties and Responsibilities:_*
* Prepares and completes special projects related to planning, space analysis, research, and information gathering. This includes space inventories, test fits, space utilization studies, program and master plan materials, and other graphic components of reports and projects.
* Works closely with the Principal Institutional Planner to update and maintain Archibus, a space management system used for both the University of Colorado Denver and the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus.
* Assists with Archibus training processes for other university personnel.
* Assists with the intake, cataloguing, tracking and resolution of space requests from the University of Colorado Denver and the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus.
* Coordinates space inventory walk-throughs with university departments.
* Assists with periodic updating of the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus Work Place Space Guidelines and the University of Colorado Denver space guidelines, and ensures that the work performed as described in the duties and responsibilities adheres to these guidelines.
* Provides other visualization and technical planning assistance to campus units and programs as required.
* Provides institutional planning support to various institutions, affiliates, and governmental entities involved in development and redevelopment of both campuses.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
*_Salary and Benefits:_*
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience.
This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator:https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
*_Diversity and Equity:_*
Please click here for information on disability accommodations:http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
* A bachelor's degree in Planning, architecture, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
* 2 years of professional level experience as an institutional planner, space planner, facility planner, interior architect, architect, or similar.
* Experience working in higher education either as a consultant or with an institution performing space utilization analyses, space inventories, test fits, and an understanding of room type codes.
* Experience with Archibus.
* Experience and proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
*_Competencies, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:_*
* Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with employees at all level throughout the institution.
* Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
* Ability to assist team members and higher-level management in providing visualization and technical planning assistance.
* Ability to organize and prepare clear and concise planning report information.
**Job:** **Engineering and Architecture/Physical Science and Engineering*
**Organization:** **U0001 -- Denver-Anschutz Administration*
**Title:** *Space Planner*
**Requisition ID:** *15954*