Applications are accepted electronically ONLY atwww.cu.edu/cu-careers
University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine/Department of Psychiatry/John Depression Center
Receptionist (Administrative Assistant II)
Position #00733733 - Requisition #16723
/A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside.//Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here//./
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care.
The University of Colorado is seeking to fill a full-time, University Staff (unclassified) Receptionist (Administrative Assistant II). This role will greet all visitors at the front desk and direct patients to the appropriate area. This position will provide assistance with various insurance related activities such as referrals, data entry, scanning and filing, generating daily worksheets, and other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Act as a first point of contract for patients.
- Schedule follow-up appointments through the EPIC EMR system.
- Manage provider and faculty schedules.
- Manage center-wide room schedules.
- Collect patient payments.
- Verify insurance coverage.
- Back up appointment phone calls.
- Perform data entry.
- Provide daily worksheets for the clinics.
- Receive and direct courier deliveries.
- Provide referrals to callers and patients.
- Greet families and visitors.
- Provide direction and assistance in locating staff members, as needed
- Assist in center mailings and incoming/outgoing mail.
- Assist in preparation and execution of center events.
- Serve as a back-up for collecting and recording patient co-pays and payments for miscellaneous books, classes, supplies, etc. Payments are collected in cash, checks, and credit cards.
- Respond to email request promptly.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
Salary and Benefits:
This position is eligible for overtime compensation
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator:https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- Two years of general clerical experience, which included one year of experience working as a front desk receptionist or administrative support.
- Two or more years of experience as a front desk receptionist or administrative support.
- Experience working with general office equipment (i.e. fax, copier, shredder, scanner, telephone, etc.).
- Ability to maintain familiarity with the clinical staff members and layout of the facility in order to assist patients/visitors.
- Ability to prioritize workload appropriately.
- Basic PC skills with a proficiency in Microsoft Office and other programs.
- Must be familiar with general office equipment (i.e. fax, copier, shredder, scanner, telephone, etc.).
- Must be personable, friendly and work well under pressure, especially when assisting patients.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and work well with others on the team.
- Ability to answer a variety of questions effectively and keep traffic moving within the clinic is essential.
- Organizational office skills and the ability to effectively communicate with others is necessary for daily responsibilities.
- Strong written and verbal skills via phone, email, and in person.
- Ability to effective communicate with internal and external stakeholders including: patients, staff members, external visitors, vendors, drug reps, other University staff members, etc.
- The individual in this position maintain a positive attitude and high level of professionalism to uphold our image to the public.
Organization: **U0001 -- DENVER & ANSCHUTZ MED CAMPUS*
Title: Receptionist (Administrative Assistant II)
Requisition ID: 16823