Cyber Security Professor
- Posted: over a month ago
Do you have a passion for sharing Cyber Security knowledge? Do you enjoy digging into the technology to understand how technology truly works and how cyber security can be used to protect organizations and how to fit all the pieces together to make a good security program?
Who We Are:
University of Advancing Technology (UAT) is an elite intimate private college in Tempe, AZ focused on educating students in advancing technology who desire to innovate in the areas of emerging technology disciplines including Advancing Computer Science, Information Security, Game and New Media technologies.
Living on campus, students are surrounded by a true living-learning technology environment that incubates their ideas into innovations that students can patent and take to market. Students must create an innovation project to graduate.
We are an entrepreneurial, results-oriented company recognized for delivering high standards of innovation and service. As an organization designed to change the lives of some of the brightest young minds, we rely on the excellence of every member of our family to continuously exceed our own standards and our students’ expectations.
UAT is currently recruiting for a Cyber Security Professor who is passionate about cyber security and inspiring undergraduate college students to contribute to this vital field. Individuals successfully filling this position will be able to relate their network security knowledge and experiences with regard to industry leading information security practices/procedures, the design of secure networks, shell scripting and programming techniques associated with securing and preventing exploitation of the network infrastructure, social engineering, network security monitoring, system penetration and remediation, incident response, cyber defense and countermeasures and performing security assessments.
Don't have teaching experience - that's where we come in. UAT's team of faculty and staff will work with you as you:
- Inspire, motivate, and mentor students
- Facilitate relevant student projects and innovations
- Development and delivery of coursework that reflect current, emerging and future technologies and practices in the Cyber Security Industry
- Be an active member of the cyber security community and encourage student participation
- Mentor and lead students in ethical hacking and good digital citizenship
- Deep understanding of how organizations create security strategies through the design, appraisal, and management of an organization's global security strategies and systems to mitigate risk, maintain continuity of operations, and protect organizational assets
- Experience with the development, coordination and management of information security-related policies, practices, and processes
- Experience implementing technology and processes to effectively capture evidence and perform cyber forensic analysis in support of organizational needs
- Experience with managing safeguards for organizational assets, systems and facilities including information security audits, business continuity, and incident response plans, and the investigation of security breaches in accordance with regulations
- Ability to anticipate the integration of future trends and technologies into cybersecurity frameworks
- Hands-on technical experience related to penetration testing and vulnerability discovery/resolution
- Deep familiarity of network and security protocols
- Knowledge and experience regarding historical and current trends in exploits and their countermeasures
- Industry experience and certifications related to Cyber Security
- Master's degree in Cyber Security or relevant field required; Doctoral degree required for graduate-level courses
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience
- This is not a remote position; candidates must be willing to work in-person at the Tempe campus location
University of Advancing Technology’s Synchronic Learning model is designed especially for students of advancing technology. Tailored to both undergraduate and graduate students, Synchronic Learning provides an education framework that prepares superior graduates to become tomorrow’s innovators. This model embodies UAT’s methodologies, curricula, and people dedicated to fostering an environment of innovation that promotes demonstrated mastery and job readiness. An integral part of this framework is SyncFlex, a flexible learning approach with an emphasis on mentored education that provides real project experience to cultivate superior graduates.
Pay and Full-Time Benefits:
Full-Time Salary: $85k-$110k dependent on Education and Experience (includes benefits listed below)
- Two Medical insurance options with 100% of the team member premium paid for one.
- UAT has your BACK, by covering 100% of the monthly premium for Short-Term and Long-Term coverage.
- Dental, Vision, 401k, Life Insurance, and AD&D Options
- Over 15 Paid Holidays - we work hard, but give you that extra time to play hard as well!
- Competitive Employee and Dependent Scholarship Programs; we take pride in your educational background and look forward to supporting your families’ academic goals and endeavors.
- Meal Benefit at University Café. HANGRY? Never heard of here. Come get your lunch at the café, on us, YUM!
- University Store Discount amongst other Discount Programs.
- Positive, open, and transparent Work Environment and culture that includes Kudos Program, Casual Fridays and Select Work Weeks, Employee Wellness Activities, Bring your Pet to Campus, along with Summer and Winter Happiness Events.
- Employee Training and Development: Essential Skills Modules are scheduled on the job, allowing for learning, working, and implementation.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
UAT does not sponsor foreign visa's. Thank you for your understanding.
University of Advancing Technology
EducationView all jobs at University of Advancing Technology
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?