Title: Registration Specialist/Accounting Rep
Location: Lindner Center of HOPE
Department: Revenue Cycle-Registration
Hours: 40 hours/week
- Logs all cash transactions on the cash balancing spreadsheet.
- Reconciles previous business day payment transactions.
- Lists and Reconciles variances on the Daily Cash Balancing Sheet.
- Responds to petty cash requests as directed.
- Responds to billing questions and other related account questions.
- Refers inquires for financial assistance to the financial counselor, supports area with authorization and benefit requests.
- Works LCOHPA Registration WQ.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Greets new outpatients upon arrival, reviews information for accuracy and updates the patient account to active status, completes check-in within the scheduling system to complete the admission.
- Complete registration and obtains and/or verify all demographic and insurance information making updates or corrections in the patient account system as appropriate. .
- Collects co-pay, deductible or other out-of-pocket liability and receipts the patient.
- Reviews any outstanding balances with patients at check in and provides a patient statement upon request.
- Attempts to collect on past due balances or refer the patient to the billing department or financial counselor to make arrangements to settle bill.
- Counts and balances cash drawers/boxes daily.
- Clearly documents all activity on the patient's account in the patient accounting system.
- Monitors visitor access and issues passes as appropriate.
High school diploma required; Associates degree preferred.
Minimum of 2 years experience in hospital patient accounting, registration, insurance verification and/or scheduling. Experience working in mental health setting preferred.
Working knowledge of third party payer benefits preferred.
Medical Terminology coursework or knowledge required.
Excellent communication and customer service skills and a high degree of confidentiality.
Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced, frequently changing environment with minimal supervision.