Primary Purpose: Function as an integral part of the Clinical office staff where the Medical Assistants perform administrative and clinical duties. Responsible for obtaining intake information for a specific patient population, performing tasks and treatments as delegated by licensed personnel and direct patient care as required. Responsible for scheduling test and procedures ordered by the physician and providing limited patient education and instructions associated with these tests and procedures.
Education: High school diploma or GED, minimum required.
Years of Experience: Seven to eleven months equivalent experience preferred.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with patients of all education levels.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to work without close supervision and to set own priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines.
- Ability to utilize electronic health record software