The Radiology Technologist I performs a wide range of radiology procedures on patients of varying ages. Completes all associated tasks and responsibilities necessary to manage patient care needs while patient is in department for procedures. Assists with the development and the monitoring of department specific systems and in the coordination of activities that improve the quality of patient care in the department.
- Possesses critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Possesses effective oral and written communication skills.
- Possesses effective interpersonal relationship skills.
- Technically competent in tasks within the scope of practice of a Diagnostic Imaging Technologist.
- Ability to utilize computers for documentation purposes.
One year of experience in Diagnostic Imaging preferred; hospital setting.
Texas Certified Medical Radiological Technologist (MRT) required.
ARRT (R) required.
CPR certification required.
Education and Training:
Associate's degree in Applied Sciences in Radiology required.