Director of Operations - Fertility
- Posted: over a month ago
University Hospitals Fertility center located in Cleveland Ohio hosts a best-in-class IVF program led by some of the most dynamic and successful people in the industry.
As the Operations Director of this University-based IVF program, you would work closely with the Medical and Lab Directors to ensure operational excellence, program growth, and drive industry innovation. The research and innovation is an opportunity to create what the next 10 years of IVF treatments look like, to continue, and increase the impressive success rates the program has become known for in recent years.
A little about the role: It would be great to talk with you about his opportunity, please contact Mike Duggan after reviewing to learn more, all conversations are confidential.
The UH Fertility Center Director of Operations role is fundamental to our ongoing growth and success as a best in class, nationally recognized fertility program.
In this role as the Director of Operations you will partner closely with our Chief Operating Officer, IVF Medical Director/REI Division Director, and IVF Lab Director to develop key strategic areas for clinical and academic excellence and growth.
The Director of Operations will provide leadership for the clinical practice at our Risman and Crocker locations and is responsible for clinical and regulatory oversight as well as management and development of employees. Must be able to understand the granular protocols and processes of the practice, while also understanding the long-term needs and direction of the business.
The selected candidate will ensure development and achievement of clinical performance/excellence KPI's, QA/QI, regulatory compliance, safety, and revenue cycle integrity.
We are looking for someone passionate about maintaining outstanding patient and customer service, and creating a best-in-class care experience. Directing interventions relating to patient concerns and escalations allowing resolution in a timely and thoughtful manner.
Someone who can be successful in sustaining and expanding vendor and business associate contracts, including but not limited to biohazard, scrubs, cleaning services, maintenance, and regulatory visits. Be able to manage site-level P&L and budget in collaboration with finance director/COO.
Someone interested in leading the oversight of protocols pertaining to POS collections related to patient billing and accounts receivables. Ensuring that goals are met and maintained.
Monitoring and advising leadership in regards to regulatory issues, deficiencies, or potential problems that may have financial impacts or involve regulatory intervention in collaboration with the Compliance Officer.
Ensuring robust evaluation and process improvement efforts are in place to direct better workflows and higher IVF throughput. Additionally, overseeing and participating in the external audit process such as laboratory, OR/PACU credentialing and licensure processes (e.g. Joint Commission, AAAHC, CLIA, OSHA, etc.).
Ensuring compliance for all offices within designated territory with all state and federal requirements.
Overseeing marketing programs to grow the assigned region and ensuring that the practice has appropriate and up-to-date information on the market environment to enable effective responses to threats or opportunities.
Experience & Knowledge:
- 8+ years of progressive leadership experience in healthcare, preferably some within an academic medical center, including several years in ambulatory care and people management
- Minimum 3 years' experience in an Infertility/IVF Setting (private practice and/or academic) required with prior experience in running a comparable size medical/physician practice
- Maintain a strong knowledge of healthcare policies and understand business impact of administrative directives.
- Experience in planning and implementing change in complex operational environments
- Strong financial background such as a background with developing and maintaining budgets and P&L.
- In-depth knowledge of healthcare trends, finances, provision of care and health care delivery system
- Experience in financial management with proven skills in cost effectiveness analysis, revenue enhancement and expense management.
- Experience in assessing market opportunities, developing business plans, and implementing programs to respond to such opportunities
- Demonstrated experience in engaging and creating a positive work environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and build and maintain effective working relationships.
- Experience leading continuous improvement initiatives
- Demonstrated expertise in continuous quality improvement, customer service, and team building.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Excellent managerial, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Strong customer service and results orientation; highly responsive to requests.
Special Skills & Equipment Knowledge:
- Infertility/IVF setting (private practice and/or academic)
- Demonstrated management and effective leadership skills
- Superior interpersonal skills, communication and presentation skills
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills to gather and assess data and generate meaningful strategies for problem resolution
- Proven skills in consensus building, problem solving, negotiations and conflict resolution
- Ability to grow and mentor leaders
University Hospitals Fertility Center
BusinessView all jobs at University Hospitals Fertility Center